Info on flyingfor ACASS Canada?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

coolarrow

Can anyone shed some light on this company? I see they contract pilots for many types of corporate A/C, full time and part time around the world. I am interested in flying in the UAE or western countries.
My questions are: Hiring prosess? QOL? Pay? Schedules? Commuting back to the US? etc. Anything you can share would be greatly apreciated.

Last edited:
acass

I worked a contract from INdia with Acass. I got current at my own expense for a contract that was supposed to last until December, started in May. Did two rotations, Biz class tickets. I made it clear before I signed the contract that I wanted 6 weeks on 6 off. Ok no problem. But then the person who hired me left the company, and the new coordinator kept telling me it was from 6 to 8 weeks. Pain in the ass. There seems to be a lack of international understanding with the company, even though they maintain many contracts over seas. I got paid on time, the tickets were e tickets with good schedules, good connections, but the company in India hired a direct hire captain, which was a total surprise to Acass, even to the local pilot,, which cut short my contract by 5 weeks. I could have used that extra work after spending a chunk of change to get re-current. I think it is up to you to ask what you want in the contract, they will not do you any favors, and I am not sure I would work for them again. It is basically a toss of the coin.

CHeers:)

X man thanks for the info.
Why won't you work for them again? If you can, would you please elaborate some more on that?
was it that bad of an experience, or just miss home to much? I know I will!

What is a fair pay to ask for an FO in a GIV overseas?
Thanks again for your time.

I to did some contracting for ACASS in India. It wasn't much risk for me because I was unemployed and still current, but I will not be doing any more contracts with them. Not horrible, but just not a good deal. If your current and unemployed, try it once and be prepared for the worst. If your considering paying for your own recurrent to do it, BIG MISTAKE.

They have unreasonable contracts they make you sign, and all the benefits are all verbal that can easily change.

If your desperate and current give it a try for the SHORT term. But it really all depends on what kind of flight department you work for.

Not desperate. Thank God!

I am current and would like to try flying overseas , if the conditions are good. Would love to see the UAE and make good money in the procsess.

Thanks again.

Acass

Acass is okay in a storm, but there are probably better deals. We had issue's with some of the procedures that were used in India, brought it to their attention, Acass that is , and they sounded soo concerned ,but probably discussed it all over coffee and donuts. Never heard a thing from them on those problems. As far as over sears stuff, I left the USA 24 years ago, have worked all over the place, so being away was not an issue. I find that 6 weeks is okay, I would not do a 60 on 30 off if I could at all help it.

Like I said, the money was on time, the tickets were Biz tickets and they would work with you on the schedule, the other pilot and I kind of coordinated our schedule to help each other out, but I found that Acass did not have their finger on the pulse of the contract, and the account coordinator that I was working with, was just young and in experienced. India is not a great place, one of the more difficult places I have worked, so you want everything to go as smoothly as you can. If another contract came up with them, I would have them word it so that their was not an ounce of confusion about what was said and agreed upon. The secret is the initial contract.

Cheers:)

Can anyone shed some light on this company? I see they contract pilots for many types of corporate A/C, full time and part time around the world. I am interested in flying in the UAE or western countries.
My questions are: Hiring prosess? QOL? Pay? Schedules? Commuting back to the US? etc. Anything you can share would be greatly apreciated.

Coolarrow I turned down ACASS a few months back. They were pretty hasty to get me to sign their contract. The 6-8 week on and 4 wk off rotation only pays during your on rotation. The monthly base + perdiem is not paid during your home time. I understand not paying the perdiem while your on your time, although not paying the base substantially lowers the annual pay they offer.

ACASS just didnt offer up a big enough carrot.

acass

As I speak, no I do not know of any one else at the moment, I have heard of a few , one in Western Canada that everyone says stay away from, but other than that, sorry.

Thanks for all your help guys and taking the time to respond.
If you think of anything else, or some of you have better questions than mine I would love to know

Latest resources

Back