Info On Amerijet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LVTOFLY

Gents, anyone with info on Amerijet down in Miami? I got interviewed and need to know a bit more about them before considering employment THERE.

A whole bunch of island hopping all the way down the Carribean and then back up at night. Newbies get stuck on the "night shift". Pay is okay, not great. My buddy got hired there about 3 months ago, and is already to move on; back to King Airs.

Shamus said:
My buddy got hired there about 3 months ago, and is already to move on; back to King Airs.

Did he/she mention why? Just curious. What's it like there after say, 2-3 years? Any idea how it would compare to say a regional QOL (after senority)? There isn't much info on this outfit.

thanks
~wheelsup

I worked there some years back. I really liked it, but it looked like things were going down hill, and I wanted to do other things, which is why I moved on.

They had a schedule when I worked there, although that often was not followed. I think they went back to having crews on call, which makes life much more difficult.

I liked being home all the time. Flying out of Miami I only was at a hotel maybe twice. Long days so you either make money or have time off.

My buddy went back to King Airs because of the money. He was making $65K a year, now he is making a little more then half that.

I don't think there on call, but they may have "shifts" and you may get called on your shift to come in.

Do newhires start as FO or FE? Can someone give an example of schedules? How much of the flying is ad-hoc vs. scheduled? I followed one of those 727s with winglets into MIA a few days ago. The guy sounded a bit tired...

Anyone with some insight into the current situation? Is the QOL still considered poor as some of the people above suggest? Freight jobs out of MIA in general (Arrow, Gemini, Florida West, etc.) don't seem to be appealing to many people on these boards. You can PM me about Amerijet too...

Last edited:
AmeriJet QOL

I am considering employment with AmeriJet, too. Can anyone there please give us some gouge about schedules, days off, quality of life, benefits, etc? Thank you!

On Your Six said:
Freight jobs out of MIA in general (Arrow, Gemini, Florida West, etc.) don't seem to be appealing to many people on these boards. You can PM me about Amerijet too...

Gemini has one a/c down in MIA. The 11s are out of JFK. I wouldn't call Gemini a Freight job out of MIA.

Latest resources

Back