Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

logolight

Air Wisconsin
O.K. folks. I didn't expect to see that big of a response to my previous thread about the AWAC interviews so I'll give you all the info I know about the company and the interviews.

The crew bases are PHL, DCA, and ORF. PHL being senior and ORF going junior. Attrition is very high right now because alot of people who are living in places like DEN and west of that do not want to commute so they are quitting. I was hired in Feb 05' and my seniority has already gone up over 130 numbers.

As for the interviews. They are probably going to give preferential hiring to furloughed Comair and Mesaba pilots because they are current and qualified in the CRJ. For them there may not be a sim in the interview. I didn't have to do a sim because I was furloughed from Independence Air (current and qualified). If hired, you will probably be offered the short course of training which is 3 1/2 weeks of total training. A bit of a fire hose.

For the other pilot candidates, You also stand a good chance of getting hired. Send in your resume and go to the seminars. You will most likely have to do a sim. My understanding is it's an elite style simulator. The night before your interview you have the opportunity to take a sim prep with the instructor for a fee of $30. You WILL take the sim prep! They take notes of who does the prep and who doesn't. It shows that you want to succeed with the company and the company wants to see a good attitude in the interview. If you don't do the sim prep it shows an attitude that you are good enough to not need it. This will not win you points in the interview. But the interview is laid back and they make you feel welcome.

My advice for the interview is to read the gouge on aviationinterviews, take the sim prep, and go in there with a good and ambitious attitude, and if you can do all that you'll find yourself sitting ground stops and holding at FL 310 before you know it.

Good Luck!

The Logolight
Owned and operated by Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp.

FYI, the sim fee is now (as of August) $60. I asked for, and got a receit for it as well, as I paid cash and wanted a tax writeoff. They didn't have a problem with that.

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
FYI, the sim fee is now (as of August) $60. I asked for, and got a receit for it as well, as I paid cash and wanted a tax writeoff. They didn't have a problem with that.

~wheelsup
Even though the sim is not that difficult and there are no tricks, the sim practice is really mandatory if you want to do well and get the job. It's not very expensive and there are some sim characteristics to learn that will help you do better. Don't try to wing it. Good luck.

In the interview be relaxed and answer any questions truthfully, DON'T try and BS your way around an answer if you don't know say so you will get hurt if you start BS'ing.

Attitude is a big thing thay are looking for along with personality. Cockiness will have you seeing the door. It's still run on a "mom and pop" style affair with everyone being part of a family. If there is something in your past that you think they should know about bring it up there and then don't let them find out down the road.

As far as the sim goes, if you are currently flying a King Air or B1900 don't worry about doing the prep. You can get the sim profile off of aviationinterviews and save some money. He gives you all the settings for the sim beforehand if you are worried. When I interviewed way back when half of us had done the prep (not me) and out of the three that got hired from that day, only one had done the sim prep. Don't get too wrapped up if you don't want to do it or simply can't do it.

I have around 800TT and 150 multi. Is that enough to apply? Just curious because when I looked at the AWAC site it said 1000TT and on the aviation interview site I see people posting that got hired with around 700 hours.

Thanks for any help

logolight said:
O.K. folks. I didn't expect to see that big of a response to my previous thread about the AWAC interviews so I'll give you all the info I know about the company and the interviews.

The crew bases are PHL, DCA, and ORF. PHL being senior and ORF going junior. Attrition is very high right now because alot of people who are living in places like DEN and west of that do not want to commute so they are quitting. I was hired in Feb 05' and my seniority has already gone up over 130 numbers.

As for the interviews. They are probably going to give preferential hiring to furloughed Comair and Mesaba pilots because they are current and qualified in the CRJ. For them there may not be a sim in the interview. I didn't have to do a sim because I was furloughed from Independence Air (current and qualified). If hired, you will probably be offered the short course of training which is 3 1/2 weeks of total training. A bit of a fire hose.

For the other pilot candidates, You also stand a good chance of getting hired. Send in your resume and go to the seminars. You will most likely have to do a sim. My understanding is it's an elite style simulator. The night before your interview you have the opportunity to take a sim prep with the instructor for a fee of $30. You WILL take the sim prep! They take notes of who does the prep and who doesn't. It shows that you want to succeed with the company and the company wants to see a good attitude in the interview. If you don't do the sim prep it shows an attitude that you are good enough to not need it. This will not win you points in the interview. But the interview is laid back and they make you feel welcome.

My advice for the interview is to read the gouge on aviationinterviews, take the sim prep, and go in there with a good and ambitious attitude, and if you can do all that you'll find yourself sitting ground stops and holding at FL 310 before you know it.

Good Luck!

The Logolight
Owned and operated by Air Wisconsin Airlines Corp.

I would apply if i were you! Just because they say those are the minimums that doesn't mean they won't call you. good luck! It is going to be very interesting this year!

crash312 said:
As far as the sim goes, if you are currently flying a King Air or B1900 don't worry about doing the prep. You can get the sim profile off of aviationinterviews and save some money. He gives you all the settings for the sim beforehand if you are worried. When I interviewed way back when half of us had done the prep (not me) and out of the three that got hired from that day, only one had done the sim prep. Don't get too wrapped up if you don't want to do it or simply can't do it.

Just do the sim prep. Don't take any chances. It's better to gain points than to lose them.

logolight said:
Just do the sim prep. Don't take any chances. It's better to gain points than to lose them.
I'll second that. It's not that expensive and you can go in to the actual evaluation with confidence. This is a good time to make a good impression. Everyone in Appleton knows everyone else and they do talk.

Latest resources

Back