• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

frankie666

anybody here train @ air reldan @ lakefront airport in new orleans
how is the place , any instructors you would recommend there
thank you

It's been a long long time since I've been out there. But is RFB (Rocco Bonura) still in business with rentals? Can't help you on the referrals.

Rocco stopped renting a while back due to insurance expense, and Flight Training Services, the other flight school moved out to St John the Baptist in Reserve. Their prices seem competitive if you don't mind the drive.

I went out to Air Reldan in 1999 and looked at their operation. The aircraft were beat and the CFI's looked hungry. One friend went there for a while and was unimpressed. He felt he was definitely not getting his money's worth.

Do check it out yourself though. It's been a couple of years since I visited and they could have changed. Arrange an orientation flight and tell them it's to evaluate the school for flight training. It could save you money in the long run.

There is also a school up in Slidell that seems good to go, and I believe they are less expensive to boot, if you can take the drive. Good luck.

That's a shame about Rocco. I felt he ran a really good business for good prices. Anything up on the Northshore these days. Hammond's not too far away.

Latest resources

Back