Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Info on A/C Emirates hiring into currently?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO hiring/training should be winding back up here in the next month or two. Rumors are 400 new hires in 2013. Good luck.

Quick question not related to the original topic...

How often can one score a stretch of days off between trips at Emirates? ...say 4-5 days off? Do they frown upon leaving Dubai on a ZED fare (say to europe) when you have a stretch of days off?

A guy in my crashpad recently left Emirates. He did the carpet dance because they noticed he left Dubai every time he had days off. They accused him of commuting (he was) and warned him to stop or be fired. He quit.

A lot of guys commute and have been doing so for years. It's just a question of how smart one is about it. One cannot commute back and forth to every trip like in the USA. Best case once or twice per month. I just did a flight with a kid who is commuting to Michigan. He described the lengths he goes to and how to keep being noticed as a commuter. Not something I would want to do, but to each their own.

Emirates is not set-up as a commuting job. It never has been and likely never will be. Best not to, but life sometimes throws you a curve ball and you have to make the best of it. That's why guys start commuting. One shouldn't join Emirates with the plan of commuting.

TP

- Switch to the A380 and go back to the end of the line for upgrade (Very likely)
- Switch to the 777 and go back to the end of the line for upgrade (Possible)
- Switch to the A350 and go back to the end of the line for upgrade (Very unlikely, as the airplane has fallen out of favor with TC)
End of line for upgrade? Is it not seniority-based upgrade? Merit?

End of line for upgrade? Is it not seniority-based upgrade? Merit?

Upgrade is by seniority ON TYPE. So if you switch fleets you loose your relative position in the upgrade queue.

So, let's say you're on the A330 and you're 60 numbers away from upgrade. Fleet decides to switch you onto the A380 and now you have to get the 2000 hours on type (Or whatever the current requirement is; they do change) and you're behind everyone else on that fleet that's senior to you. I know a few guys who had to fight tooth and nail from NOT being transferred to the A380.

Hope that make's it a bit clearer?

Latest resources

Back