Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Inflight video from inside Extra 300...wow wow wow!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crash-proof

Outstanding!

I don't think we would ever see anything like this in the U.S.. Reno being close. Awsome flying! :eek:

We sure can, and HAVE, seen this in the U.S. This is a new event called the Red Bull Air Race, put together by guess who. In short, it's pylon racing (time trials) with aerobatics. It's held as an act (for lack of a better term, since it IS a time-trial race, with set rules, etc.) at other events, most often air shows, and, this year, Reno. (Unfortunately, all I could see of that is a kick-ass poster my friends brought back :(). But yeah, good farkin' luck seeing a bridge used as an obstacle here in the U.S.

It's in its second year of existance.

Last edited:
Check out redbullcopilot.com All of that video was shot down at Kirby Chambliss's ranch in AZ. Pretty wild stuff.

azpilot said:
Check out redbullcopilot.com All of that video was shot down at Kirby Chambliss's ranch in AZ. Pretty wild stuff.
Not a bad hobby for a guy who's an SWA pilot (supposedly he was the youngest captain that they've had - 31 if I remember right).

just watched all those videos this morning......WOW......seems very demanding and very precision. Wheres the school to learn to do that????

WOW

i saw it too...where were you sittin? youre not one of those section-3 guys are ya? or were you that old guy next to section-3 with the awful air horn/siren thing?

Latest resources

Back