• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indoc at NJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember you have to learn to swim in order to surf. Now thats fun!

Don't sweat it dc9, with the vest on you'll be fine.

Unless there are holes in the vest. Then you will sink, die, and fail water training. In that order. :laugh:

Just kidding. You'll be fine. Or not.

Yes. But don't tell her that...

NJA pays for everything during training and you get 24 hours a day per diem while you are in training starting from when you get on the airline to CMH. Full pay from day 1. Indoc is in CMH and your systems and sim location will vary depending on what fleet type you get. The three weeks is systems (usually 3-5 days) and the rest is sim. BTW if you go into the X then you only get 1 day off during the 26 day course.

Thanks for the info Twotter. A grind but rather grind it out than stretch it out too long.

mt2

Thanks for the info Twotter. A grind but rather grind it out than stretch it out too long.

mt2

That was my feeling too, just get it over with. It is a long time to be away from home, but it is so worth it.

If you have small kids and a laptop, I would suggest buying a cheap webcam and using skype to talk to them every few days.

DC9, don't worry about not being able to swim. There was a guy in my class that couldn't swim either. We were taking bets to see if he was going to get one of the vests that didn't inflate :D In all seriousness, there were plenty of people in the pool near him and the lifeguard was aware of it too. As others suggested, inflate it prior to jumping and let someone know that you can't swim.

Thanks amaineiac, I appreciate it. I've already signed up for some lessons next month. I still should really learn regardless. I hate not being able to do water activities with my daughter.

Where do you live in Maine? I lived in Bangor 15 years ago when I flew for Northeast Express.

Latest resources

Back