• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indoc at NJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything is paid,hotel, rental car plus salary, plus per diem...No crew food though!!!! I spent more on food during indoc than I have on line for the last nine months...wtf

More before or after per diem ? Seriously though, with all that it's no wonder everyone wants to work at NJ !!

Two weeks of indoc doesn't seem too bad but 3 weeks of systems with only 2 days off -- ouch, what a grind. Can I assume sim is in there too?? Either way I'd gladly do it to get on board.

Does NJ put you up during indoc and pay you too ?? Indoc is in Columbus, where's the rest usually done ??

You will recieve full pay, per diem, benefits on day 1. We are getting professionals, and are going to treat you as such.

You will recieve full pay, per diem, benefits on day 1. We are getting professionals, and are going to treat you as such.

That kind of treatment is rare these days -- which is amazing when you consider the loyalty generated by such excellent treatment. And it would certainly be icing on the cake if I was able to garner a position w/ NJ!

What does the pool training consist of? As a non-swimmer, I'm a little concerned about that part. I've been at five airlines, but I've been lucky enough to never have to do any water training. I've also been fortunate enough to never ditch an airplane!
Actually, you inflate the vest prior to jumping in the pool so no real swimming required. Make sure you get a good vest. Some are so old and have holes in them. So inflate it early.

We had a fed watching us last time we did ours. Brown tweed suit, seventies style tie, pretty obvious. No big deal. He hung out for a while then called it a day.

Last edited:
What does the pool training consist of? As a non-swimmer, I'm a little concerned about that part. I've been at five airlines, but I've been lucky enough to never have to do any water training. I've also been fortunate enough to never ditch an airplane!
dc,
Do yourself a favor (not just for the pool portion) and go to your local Y and get a weeks worth of swim lessons.

The water is fine, come on in!

Two weeks of indoc doesn't seem too bad but 3 weeks of systems with only 2 days off -- ouch, what a grind. Can I assume sim is in there too?? Either way I'd gladly do it to get on board.

Does NJ put you up during indoc and pay you too ?? Indoc is in Columbus, where's the rest usually done ??

NJA pays for everything during training and you get 24 hours a day per diem while you are in training starting from when you get on the airline to CMH. Full pay from day 1. Indoc is in CMH and your systems and sim location will vary depending on what fleet type you get. The three weeks is systems (usually 3-5 days) and the rest is sim. BTW if you go into the X then you only get 1 day off during the 26 day course.

dc,
Do yourself a favor (not just for the pool portion) and go to your local Y and get a weeks worth of swim lessons.

The water is fine, come on in!

That's a good idea. I did that about nine years ago, without much luck. I learned how to swim okay, but it's the treading water part that I could never master. When I stop swimming I sink like a CEO's wallet!

I was definitely handicapped by two parents that didn't swim and weren't interested in having me learn. It's always easier to learn anything like that as a child.

if you can't swim then you won't be able to flip the raft and assist others....you'll probly fail that portion of training and therefor be asked to leave.

sorry.

Oh come on! He will be able to move around just as good as the olympic swimmer wearing that Mae West. Nobody can actually swim in that thing. Don't sweat it dc9.

Thanks Helmsalee. As Hogprint suggested, I'm still going to take some more lessons just for my own benefit. I don't want someone like brokeflyer making the decision about whether I pass training or not.

Latest resources

Back