Indigo Air Charter Chicago

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

Anyone have the latest on Indigo? Are they still in business. The website still advertises for Falcon Captains.

Thanks for your reply Falcon Capt. I saw their website and it is still up and running so wondered what the deal was?

from what I understand (second hand knowledge from a former employee)...

Poor management, poor marketing, poor execution.... and my guess is poor choice of aircraft.. they were using Falcon 20's which have a high operating cost and not many seats to spread the cost...

Good luck to the guys that got let go!

I think some of what Falcon Capt said and the fellah who started it up ran off with the investers money, left his wife for a trophy girl. Now how'd he do that, don't know. Second hand info.

RJ

Hmmmmmmmmm

Was doing my job search and one of the sites that I pay a fee for now show Indigo looking for pilots for the jungle jets?

Have they resurrected it?

Humble

Re: Hmmmmmmmmm

Humblepilot said:
Was doing my job search and one of the sites that I pay a fee for now show Indigo looking for pilots for the jungle jets?

Have they resurrected it?

Humble

That is an old ad....

The original guy who started Indigo (Matt Andersson) was booted out by the board... It wasn't a pleasant departure... Not sure who the new guys were that took over, but there are only 2 "employees" left at Indigo... The Director of Ops and the Chief Pilot... and they are still there to keep the certificate alive... this was as of a few weeks ago, not sure what has changed since....

Indigo is dead, just like Avolar...

Fly Safe!

aeps post

im: Posted today

EMB 135 LR Pilots needed for classes starting in September 2002. Indigo is a Corporate Jet Airline that is under Part 380 as a Public Charter. Will start frequent service as a Public Charter airline from Chicago Midway to various locations on the East Coast. Hiring minimums: Captain - 3000 hours total time, 1000 turbine, 2000 multi, First Officer - 2000 hours total time, 250 turbine, and 1000 multi. Will be hiring both Captains and First Officers. Preference given to pilots who have an EMB 145 type rating or experience in that type of aircraft. Will be paid on a salaried basis. Individuals must be customer service orientated and be willing to do multiple taskings to satisfy customer needs.

Re: aeps post

publisher said:
im: Posted today

EMB 135 LR Pilots needed for classes starting in September 2002. Indigo is a Corporate Jet Airline that is under Part 380 as a Public Charter. Will start frequent service as a Public Charter airline from Chicago Midway to various locations on the East Coast. Hiring minimums: Captain - 3000 hours total time, 1000 turbine, 2000 multi, First Officer - 2000 hours total time, 250 turbine, and 1000 multi. Will be hiring both Captains and First Officers. Preference given to pilots who have an EMB 145 type rating or experience in that type of aircraft. Will be paid on a salaried basis. Individuals must be customer service orientated and be willing to do multiple taskings to satisfy customer needs.

You answered it yourself: "AEPS POST"

I have a very close personal friend who is out on the streets... he is a former Indigo Captain and had an August class date for the EMB 135... He is unemployed... Just like the rest of the pilots who WERE at Indigo... This isn't second-hand knowledge... I know for a FACT he is unemployed and his last employer was Indigo...

Latest resources

Back