• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indiana 303 charter crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll try him and see if it works out? Guess it didn't work out. I assume they won't be using him anymore, since it didn't work out, and he's dead. Unbelievable.:bomb:

Also, since when does a Class 2 medical roll over into the MORE RESTRICTIVE Class 3 medical. Stupid media.

We'll try him and see if it works out? Guess it didn't work out. I assume they won't be using him anymore, since it didn't work out, and he's dead. Unbelievable.:bomb:

Also, since when does a Class 2 medical roll over into the MORE RESTRICTIVE Class 3 medical. Stupid media.

The only way that makes sense is if they meant that with a 3rd class, there are more restrictions on you and what you can do with it. I think that's what they meant by it.

This is a sad thing indeed. Unfortunately I've heard rumors of all kinds of operations like this. Not necessarily people with only private certificates but people that have joint ownership of a plane that hire themselves out to small companies flying them all over the company. I've personally tried to tell a company I worked for the differences between this and a legit 135 operator, but they wouldn't listen. Maybe people will wake up and go with reputable companies with an actual certificate for this kind of thing from now on.

Now, imagine if the pilot did NOT plan on charging for the flights - same outcome, right? To me, it's not the fact that he was NOT a commercial pilot (just a piece of paper). It's ALSO the fact that the company who "hired" him didn't do their DUE DILIGENCE prior to sending their employees on the trip. Yes, the pilot was breaking the law. But the company was breaking their obligation to the employees - i.e. researching the so called charter company. To me this is another case of more money than brains for both the pilot and the company who chartered the plane. The sad part is that the employees were innocent, but paid the highest cost.

It continues to amaze me that nobody EVER asks the crew's flying history. The simply assume if you show up on the ramp with a nice looking airplane that you know what you're doing and you're properly licensed. Sure, the crew could lie. When my family goes on a chartered flight, I call the FSDO. Just about any average joe has heard of the FAA. It seems prudent to do some research. Heck, if a company is going to spend money on an investment (people in this case) some research is warrented. Outside of 121, Netjets, Flex, etc...I can't imagine not knowing SOMETHING about the outfit I was about to put myself or my family on.

Prayers to the families & friends...

Uh, I might be going out on a limb here. But, Today! 12+ Months from the issuance of a 1st Class Medical.

I was talking about the 'more restrictive' part.

Latest resources

Back