Indian Employment Visa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bitter

Anybody got any insight on how hard/easy it is to get an employment visa for India. I have a job offer, submitted all the relevent paperwork to the embassy in Washington and three months latter still nothing! Both the employer and I have tried to chase this up, but no dice.
Anybody got any tips or insight? Is this usual?

Truvisa is an outsourcing company in San Fran. that deals with Indian visas. There is a moderate amout of paperwork and the cost depends on what type and duration visa you need. I needed a business visa to interview in Mumbai and it cost about $250 and will take a week or two to get your passport Fedexed back to you. Truvisas website is pretty straight forward and you can fill out most of the paperwork online.

There is a deadline for the end of June this year for all the expats to leave. It is going to be extended for sure. If not the Air India 777 and 737 fleets will be grounded, as well as Jet and Kingfisher ATR fleets. Indian pilots more or less refuse to upgrade on the ATR, so they are forced to hire foreign captains.

As far as the Visa, it is better to show up in person. Go very early in the morning to get in line, and you might get it done in a day.

The real delay will be in the security clearance, but I assume that process has been started already.

May I assume you're going to Paramount?

Doesnt Paramount have just one plane left, the others have been repo'd as per the report in the Times Of India?

Everything can be bought in India, so after Paramount lost against the leasing company, the verdict was promptly overturned. Wonder what changed the judges mind?

The expat deadline has as of yesterday been extended by one year, as expected.

Still, only come to India if you have no other job offers. The stay will be short, and you will be looking for work again shortly.

The stay will be short, and you will be looking for work again shortly

Depends, I have extended my contract and will probably end it at 2 years in paradise (sarcasm), I know 2 other pilots , one with 3 years under his belt in corporate, and an airline guy in 737 with 7 years here! But the 7 yearer is at the end now and misses home too much. So like all places it depends on you as to how long you will make it. BUT it is a hard place to live, and I can say that after the 6 countries I have worked... I wouldnt accept another offer here thats for sure.

Anybody got any insight on how hard/easy it is to get an employment visa for India. I have a job offer, submitted all the relevent paperwork to the embassy in Washington and three months latter still nothing! Both the employer and I have tried to chase this up, but no dice.
Anybody got any tips or insight? Is this usual?

Word is, that they may have stopped giving away visas that had to do with aviation. Reason been the department of state along with the CIA have come up with a report of a possible infiltration of a pilot here by the A/Q terror group. Therefore making it very difficult for any foreign pilot to get a visa.

Word is, that they may have stopped giving away visas that had to do with aviation. Reason been the department of state along with the CIA have come up with a report of a possible infiltration of a pilot here by the A/Q terror group. Therefore making it very difficult for any foreign pilot to get a visa.

What???!!! Infiltration here in the US or in India?

Latest resources

Back