Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Independence Air Seeks UAL Affiliation AGAIN... Not good.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirBoard said:
So let me get this straight - you guys are hiring like crazy in order to fill the seats of the IA aircrafts that you'll get if you buy us out???? You might want to allow us to fill those seats rather than throw us on the street.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I highly doubt that SKYW is doing any hiring of a speculative nature. Most likely the hiring is for flying that has already been awarded to SkyWest. It's hard to imagine anyone in management making a decision to hire xxx pilots because of contracts that MIGHT be awarded.

Heavy Set said:
Ha Ha - I'm just insightful you jacka$$. Why don't you use your brain every once and awhile... Do you think all pilots are idiots like yourself?

The UAL situation is not "normal" and competing with LCCs is not working on many routes. I was just speculating about what could happen - I don't think all A319 routes would be outsourced - but some could on low-margin routes where feed is still important to the hubs (feeding the higher-margin international traffic). Everyone knows your CRJ is not popular with passengers and its economics are not favorable in a low-fare environment. It's called thinking outside of the box - something you don't do.
What would you know about the "situation" at UAL. Your speculating comes from reading message boards like this one, and then making comments like your some expert in the airline business. The only flying you have done is MS Flight Sim.

CRJ Driver said:
What would you know about the "situation" at UAL. Your speculating comes from reading message boards like this one, and then making comments like your some expert in the airline business. The only flying you have done is MS Flight Sim.
You got me!

Actually no. There is a 100-149 seat pay scale in place that has rates greater than the evil 50-99 seat rates. Don't have it in front of me but i think the 6-7 year Captain (me) would be about $101.35 an hour. I think the new UAL A319 rate for the same YOS is about $118 so we're still WAY lower.

Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Will PAR Capital Mgt of Boston replace the Board?

Wil PAR Cap MGT demand Kerry Skeens' removal. His leadership in (according to the AP article) of "blindly pusuing a strategy that will require more financial resources than you have at your disposal" (i.e. we're cutting you off) has failed one could suggest.

So do you bench the quarterback ,who has just thrown three interceptions, and your team is behind 3 touchdowns and the fourth quarter just started?

UAL spins off TED to be run by independence air.........eliminate a competitor and actually get an LCC cost structure at your LCC.......our dream job gets further away everyday.

Rotorhead said:
UAL spins off TED to be run by independence air.........eliminate a competitor and actually get an LCC cost structure at your LCC.......our dream job gets further away everyday.
I actually agree with Heavy Set and you and a bunch of my former UAL colleagues are starting to agree with you. It could happen. UAL would love to eliminate a low-cost competitor from the market. Independence is getting a lot of pressure from some key shareholders (institutional investors) to return to the previous model of predictable cash flow.

Tilton is hell-bent on competing more effectively with the LCC threat and he needs a lower cost structure fast - why not outsource to an existing lower-cost structure on the most competitive LCC routes? It makes sense - regardless of what CRJ Driver thinks - I should know, I am former UAL and most of my former colleagues who are still there agree that it is quite possible given recent changes and statements...

Latest resources

Back