Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot pool

USC***,

I e-mailed the new HR department last October (2003) and received an e-mail back saying the pool still existed. That was well after the Indy Air announcement so I assume it is still good. I also anxiously await the opportunity to leave this pool.

CGflyer

I may get flamed for this but those rates are not bad for a first time agreement on a new fleet type at a traditional regional airline. I would amagine that the right seat of the Airbus will go pretty senior as it pays at year 5 more than a 50 seat jet rate in the left seat. I wish you guys the best with Indy Air.

IAHERJ

Re: Indy/ACA Pool

USC*** said:
I know there are still many on furlough, but does anyone know if they kept the hiring pool they had from before the furloughs.

I interviewed in the fall of 2002 and was in the pool. They thought I would get a class by summer or fall of 2003, but then the furloughs came. I'm from the Dulles area and would still love to work there. I know new classes are probably a couple years away, but I can be patient. Just curious if I will have to reinterview or if the pools are intact. If we have to reinterview, I'm sure it will be much more competitive than it was before.

Thanks and good luck to Indy Air.

Im in the pool as well, and had a friend who worked in the HR department. He verfied the pool list was still there in Nov of 2003...I havent check since then though. I hope it eventually works out.

DC

I have no affiliation with I-air as of yet, but I do know, have known for a while, one of the negotiators that took part in the negotiations for Airbus Rates. Lets say, I wouldn't have wanted to be on the other side of the table from him!

Yeah, he mentioned they fought long and hard for those right seat rates.

We have a very talented NC. One member is a former Midway I pilot turned Wall Street/MBA financial analyst who was bitten by the airline bug a second time.

As far as the bid goes, the right seat went surpisingly senior -- mostly CRJ CA's. One guy was #110. I couldn't have held it and I am trading around 500 right now.

That the FLYi A319 right seat went was bid very senior shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. The usual way pilots advance to an A319 or 737 is to leave (generally as a captain) from a regional airline (often flying CRJs) and becoming an FO of an A319 or 737 (at 1st year rates) at another airline.

So the same thing is happening at ACA except the pilots don't have to leave the regional to access the A319.

Re: Indy/ACA Pool

USC*** said:
I know there are still many on furlough, but does anyone know if they kept the hiring pool they had from before the furloughs.

I interviewed in the fall of 2002 and was in the pool. They thought I would get a class by summer or fall of 2003, but then the furloughs came. I'm from the Dulles area and would still love to work there. I know new classes are probably a couple years away, but I can be patient. Just curious if I will have to reinterview or if the pools are intact. If we have to reinterview, I'm sure it will be much more competitive than it was before.

Thanks and good luck to Indy Air.

I wouldn't wait around for ANY specific airline...just go to the place that hires you first...don't waste time waiting in a pool when you could be buidling up flight time. You can still be in the pool and fly at another airline....

Last edited:
Back to the payscale...don't forget that there is also a profit sharing program. Not sure how it works, but its supposed to be fairly good. Our rates are probably a little low, but can be made up if we do well. At least then we're not hurting the company if we're not doing well, and we can make good money if we are doing good.:D

OK i guess i should speak in plainer English.... :)

Can someone post the RJ rates so i can compare them please? Just curious as to how different they are. Airlinepilotpay only lists the 319.

thanks.

Latest resources

Back