• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Incidents and or accidents

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blew 3 out of 4 main tires in a X on touchdown. It sucked, especially since a Fed watched it happen. Keeping it under control and not heading off the side of the runway took rudder, tiller, and a little differential reverse.

Had a brewery assisted sleep the night it happened as we had to talk to the investigators the next day (very mild assistance). After that, no effects.

Mine sounds like child's play to YIPs experience and many others who have had it way worse. Just get back on the horse when it throws you off.

Most people hunt elk with a Thirty-Ought-Six.

I hunt elk with a Four-Ought-Two.

But the boys at the airport firehouse had a NICE Labor Day BBQ that year, so I'm told.

I hit a very large animal landing one night during landing....Caused wicked amounts of damage...always a good story to tell...

Don't believe it's had any 'ill effects' on my career. Stuff happens...

I hit a very large animal landing one night during landing....Caused wicked amounts of damage...always a good story to tell...

Don't believe it's had any 'ill effects' on my career. Stuff happens...

Same here. The airplane is actually still flying. Last time I saw it was in Boston in Cape Air colors but the same tail number. Of course, it looked as if somebody painted over the silhouettes of two elk under the pilot window....

I lost a good mate when we flew through a jet wash. It put us in a flat spin out to sea. We had to eject. It took me a few rides to get it together, but I later splashed two bandits and made up with a former classmate who was riding my a$$. He can be my wingman anytime :)

I lost a good mate when we flew through a jet wash. It put us in a flat spin out to sea. We had to eject. It took me a few rides to get it together, but I later splashed two bandits and made up with a former classmate who was riding my a$$. He can be my wingman anytime :)
That was painful......

Mav, you must be retired by now, looking a job hauling rubber dog crap out of KYIP?

He's still dangerous.

Anyone have that link to Iceman flying an airliner?

Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back