In Need of a SONIC How-to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2992set

Anybody out there have a website or a heads-up where I can get a handle on some type of "how-to" guide for using SONIC? When I see pilots using that system for checking flights, they swear by it. Unfortunately, it is one of the most user unfriendly programs I've ever encountered if you don't know what to type in.
Help!!!

.92set

if you just want to check flights you only need a couple.

s 'city code''city code' [date] will check scheduled flights

example:

s ewrbuf
s ewrfco 21jan

first checks newark-buffalo for today, second newark-rome on the 21st of jan. once you have a flight number you can check its status

2'flight number'

ie

checks flight 2160 and flight 89, you can add a date if you want, but that isnt very useful unless you want to see past block times or something. This will show proposed/actual oooi times and gate information and sometimes other helpful things like what flight number you are waiting on as the inbound.

if you want to check loads

pbt 'flight no' [date]

ie

pbt216

shows loads for flight 216 today for all of that flights segments. to check a specific segment add the boarding city to the end.

ie,
pbt40 ewr

if you are waiting on a late inbound you can go into FOMS/SHARES/whatever its called by hitting F11 or F12 (i forget) and using

csae tail-number (just the 3 digit ship number)

ie

csae 511

and that will show you the sequence for that aircraft, then you can go back to sonic and use the 2flight-number command to see when its due in.
You cant do the csae from ccs, you need a green screen or the shares link from a crewroom/wxroom computer.

Latest resources

Back