In need of a ferry pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
macfly said:
If the deals goes through, I will need a pilot to fly a Beech A23A musketeer from KFRR - KCCO this week. Its about a 450 mile trip. I would love to fly it myself, but the cost of me going from Atlanta to Washington to pick up the plane is prolly more than a guy with jumpseat/pass privleges that does ferry work.

If anyone is interested feel free to PM me with your fees etc. I have seen quotes for 100/day plus expenses.

Happy 4th!

Again, would like to help you out. I even PAY FOR the FUEL in exchange for flying. Professional pilot with plenty of experience here. PM

PacoPollo said:
I even PAY FOR the FUEL in exchange for flying.
This is getting sad...... It like an ebay auction....do I hear ferry pilot pays for fuel and $50 an hour? Sold to the biggest loser!

Last edited:
FlySacto said:
In a good month I make more than double at GA than flying pt 121.
Amigo, it seems that you need to find a better airline job, you will make big $$ and fly GA for fun. I recommend getting a type rating, you will be much more marketable.

Espalda Mojado said:
Amigo, it seems that you need to find a better airline job, you will make big $$ and fly GA for fun. I recommend getting a type rating, you will be much more marketable.

I've settled into my groove and like it. I bid in the top five at my domicile. I've flown ONE two day trip in the last three months and I'm home almost every night with the family. I've got 20 days off from the airline this month and credit of more than 85 hours with block in the low 60's. I've got clients who let me use their airplanes, limos, cabins, condos, and I've golfed some damned nice courses. I saw one of the senior captains yearly compensation breakdowns while we were flying the other day. He might work less than me but I pulled in more cash and get way more "bennies". Why screw up a good life for a "better" airline job so I can go fly four day trips and miss my wife and kids?

FlySacto

Espalda Mojado said:

I forgot to add. I fly 121 for fun!!!

FlySacto

Guys remember Its illegal to jumpseat for positioning purposes. Let this dude either pay tickets or do it himself

This is sad... To the people that said that they would do this for free... You are the NTSB's worst nightmare! Also, you are the biggest reason why FAR 135s are +1200hrs. Basically, if you whore yourself out then you are the biggest part of the problem in our aviation community. Just because you do not work an airline job or fly full time does not mean you can not get paid for your "professional skills" (if you have any).

Originally Posted by FlySacto
People will pay for a professional if you let them :)

FlySacto

I like it...new quote."

I like it too. FlySacto has a nice positive perspective on the whole GA thing. He might have convinced me to upgrade my SEL privileges from private/instrument.

Fly safe . . .

PacoPollo is just flame baiting this thread to get his kicks. He has nothing better to do apparently. I'd be surprised if he was really a pilot. Its people like this that are bringing down FI lower and lower every day.

They won't do this for free and anyone that pays no money for a ferry pilot will get what they pay for. Possibly not anything at all when their plane doesn't show up. Can't wait to his response, probably very intelligent, and great examples of what I am talking about.

Sorry about the rant and thread jack.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back