In flight catering

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dont sweat it.

swberry has nothing better to do. He/She even sends me PM's out of the blue to try and start an arguement...(??)

kind of strange I thought...:rolleyes:

BHB- There is a fresh lobster place at the end of the runway. A couple of lobster sandwiches can be brought right over which are awsome.

I've allways had good luck with rudy's. Although their rolls could be used as rocks to throw at people.

My favorite. Chicken taco salad and rice pudding for desert.

Okay, I will make a contribution to this thread. I am suprised that no one has mentioned Stevies out on the west coast. They have very fresh ingredients and they like to use avocado alot on sandwiches and salads. Good stuff.

I am sorry G200, I forgot that you were there. :p :p :p

BHB has about 6 lobster places within 1 mile of the airport. My favorite is Trenton Bridge Lobster (www. trentonbridgelobster.com or something like it). Since we were traveling only for the weekend we had a lot of extra room in the "trunk" of the Excel. Our crew (which was returning to Columbus) made sure it was full with with fresh lobsters for many at NJA (I was glad to see it since we didn't need the room). I brought a dozen back myself. We could have been called "Lobster Express 1" as our call signal.

Last edited:
Having grown up in Maine I just don't get the obsession tourists have with lobster. It's definitely good but, tourists treat it like gold. Never understood that, there is much better tasting food out there. Maybe someone can explain why every out of stater in Maine had to buy lobster and tons of it.

We use JetStar in TEB. They are MUCH better than Rudy's. We've also used AirChef in a few places.

Pefect Landing APA

I got major food poisoning the last time I ate at the Perfect landing at APA. Approx. 6 mo. ago. It cost me and "the company" big bucks since I couldn't leave my hotel room until the following evening. I probably shouldn't have ordered the fish tacos but that's what the waitress said was best.

You sure it was FOOD poisoining...???

"I probably shouldn't have ordered the fish tacos but that's what the waitress said was best."

Sounds like my kind of waitress.

dude that is tooo funny.

They are one of my all-time favorites, but you don't see fish tacos on the menu too often. I have found (albeit in my younger days) they are at their best when they are a special order made just for you instead of for every patron in the restaurant. Making them in large quantities will make you sick. It is important to make sure the waitress does not offer then to all of her tables.

As a note to Mainah - I am sorry you don't consider lobster a delicacy. It is great and in most Maine seaside towns, it is a fraction of the price and is truly at its best from a taste perspective. As you may know form my previous posts, I come from NJ and we have very, very good local lobster (but not as good as Maine in Maine - Maine shipped elsewhere and staying in tanks for weeks just ain't the same). Many times when I fly out west I have my local fishmonger pack up lobsters for our forst night dinner. Our friends in the rural Rocky Mountain areas love it!

Latest resources

Back