• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

In-flight bathroom emergency leads to felony charge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If he touched the FA and moved her arm away in any way, he's toast...

We just cannot have passengers assaulting crew members.

She touched him first, some people would call this self defense.

Also, from the legal dictionary...

Generally, kidnapping occurs when a person, without lawful authority, physically asports (i.e., moves) another person without that other person's consent, with the intent to use the abduction in connection with some other nefarious objective.

If he touched the FA and moved her arm away in any way, he's toast. Too bad, feel for the guy, he was probably desperate to go, and not in the aisle.
However if you recall ever having to do the rectum squeeze, how would you have the ability to do close combat with a woman at the same time?....

We just cannot have passengers assaulting crew members, even if the crew was unreasonable or uncaring...he should plea and do community service....

She touched him first. I wonder if there is a policy on physical contact with passengers.

I think the FA should be reprimanded for having no common sense.

Her, Delta, aircraft manufacturers that place lavs at the opposite ends of the aluminum tube and so on. There are generally emergency exits in the middle of the aircraft aren't there?

Why not lavs?

you are all assuming we are hearing ALL the facts and hearing them correctly. The media will twist it the way it wants to.

If I got poo dripping out my butt, I am moving whoever is in the way.

if thats what happened, then the dude shouldn't have been arrested for moving an arm. 2 nights in jail?- I'd hope you do a lot more than that. I thought most when they go up the jetway with a cop just get a talking to.

This flight attendant is some snide fat bitch who needs to be given a training job. She deserves all the ******************** that is coming her way. A flight attendant should never put her hand in the way of a much-needed bathroom.

I guess he could have been immune from prosecution if he had simply "Declared an Emergency" due to Dire Physiological needs. His behavior conforms to the legal question, "What would a reasonable person do?"

If he has the right lawyer, this will turn into an embarrassment for this airline. The flight attendant attempted to do her job, however, she ignored his plea for relief. This was mismanaged. Even some of the original statements about the FAA rules were not accurate.

Latest resources

Back