Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotss

Lots of Southwest bashing here.

Southwest has made us all leaner. It is a fuel hedging company first and an airline second.

This leaning is necessary with looming international presence and open skies that will eventually be implemented, maybe as suddenly as age 65 occurred.

Fear Southwest? You should really fear Ryan who would eat Southwest for lunch and other international low cost carriers. You'll long for the days when you only had to deal with Southwest.

I do believe we are evolving toward a global market and economy worldwide. One can no longer compare the value of his/her skills just to others in their own country. Hence "outsourcing". I'm not an economics major, but I believe we should continue to keep our markets open and our trade free of over-restriction. If we continue to protect our work forces from outside competition, I feel Europe, China, Japan and other developing countries will leave us behind. However, we must fight against trading with countries that practice forced labor.

I do believe we are evolving toward a global market and economy worldwide. One can no longer compare the value of his/her skills just to others in their own country. Hence "outsourcing". I'm not an economics major, but I believe we should continue to keep our markets open and our trade free of over-restriction. If we continue to protect our work forces from outside competition, I feel Europe, China, Japan and other developing countries will leave us behind. However, we must fight against trading with countries that practice forced labor.

If the environmental and work rules and pay were equal I would agree with you 100%.
They are not. This "global economy" crap is just that. The only people that are making money in this scheme is the CEO and his friends. The average American is being robbed into servitude. There is no way an American can live on 5 per week, and yet that is exactly what your theory has us competing with.

Last edited:
Worst....

Pretty bad-

The worst I have seen which was not started by Gen Lee or Instructortard.....

-Those idiots are truly world class.....

Latest resources

Back