• Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetmaster727

Old School
These are just some of the things that are better at Flexjet due to the MCBA;

1. All Flex Captains got a raise due to truing up longevity with the pay scale

2. Per diem now is a flat 42$ for every duty day

3. All pilots got a contract bonus paid on 1/15/18

4. FAA medical cost is now reimbursed

5. Last day duty limited to 14 hours including travel ( was 16 hours)

6. First day airline now 90 min prior duty instead of 60 min

7. Short recurrent sim and travel can't be same day for non Dallas guys. ( huge )

9. Fatigue call is not questioned or intimidated

10. No intimidation for sick call

11. Training - TRB is gone, intimidation gone, single engine raw data gone

Too bad RH can't seem to see any of this

7. Short recurrent sim and travel can't be same day for non Dallas guys. ( huge )

Wow! Single-engine raw data finally went away? Good for you guys. I never could understand why the schoolhouse clung to that. They always told me it was 'cos the FSDO wouldn't let them change anything but I always suspected it had more to do with penis measuring than anything else.

You sure about #7? The way I read it, they can airline you in, give you 10 hours of rest, and then sim.

Where do you see the si glue engine raw data went away?

Hey Jet you forgot about no more 3 a.m. Wake up calls. Now we have defined rest rules
and not some 6 hr floating rest/change band.

You sure about #7? The way I read it, they can airline you in, give you 10 hours of rest, and then sim.

Where do you see the si glue engine raw data went away?

Tecnically I think you are correct but if they aren't supposed to have you in the sim after midnight, how could they give you ten hours of rest after an airline and get done before midnight.

No single engine raw data on chec rides because it's not in the approved training Manuel per a schoolhouse guy. Was a bull**** maneuver anyway just to break balls

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Jet you forgot about no more 3 a.m. Wake up calls. Now we have defined rest rules

Thanks Pro. You are absolutely right and its huge. They used to trample all over the rest rules calling our phones including the room phone and if you didn't answer there would be a Chief up your ass the following day. That's all gone now. These anti Union guys forget all this abuse

Tecnically I think you are correct but if they aren't supposed to have you in the sim after midnight, how could they give you ten hours of rest after an airline and get done before midnight.

Hmm ok. I'm not familiar with the no sim after midnight rule either. What section # is that?

Hmm ok. I'm not familiar with the no sim after midnight rule either. What section # is that?

In the training section it says they must make their best effort to not have you in sim after midnight. No guarantees but better than what we had before. More than once I have airlined in and spent all nite in the sim like 4 am

My #1 reason for voting in the Union! Rolling duty days are over. Remember, this place would not have a Union if the company treated us fairly from the beginning.

My #1 reason for voting in the Union! Rolling duty days are over. Remember, this place would not have a Union if the company treated us fairly from the beginning.

Thanks for a great reminder list. But let's not forget there are parts of this MCBA that stink.

My #1 reason to keep this union around is because of those parts that stink. The fact is both sides promised their approach to arbritratration would be "no one should lose anything." The only party that kept that promise was the union. Conversely, the company fought with big guns to make sure the arbritrator ruled on the side of least beneficial on EVERY LINE ITEM between the old Options CBA and the Flex sop.

The only thing the company fought harder for than this MCBA was/is to get rid of the union all together.

When you ponder the meaning behind GC'S above highlighted statement, let's not forget this company continues to treat the pilot group unfairly and continues to wage a union busting PR campaign of lies to hide that fact. If you ever want that to change, our solidarity has to be better.

The best way to exercise our solidarity is to use the good parts of this MCBA (the parts the union put into the old options cba) to our advantage at every turn. When the company sees their bitter campaign of continued acrimony can negatively impact operations (all their doing) perhaps they will be more ammenable to actually participate in negotiations again instead of going through the motions.

2N's wallet is almost as big as his ego. He looses more money fighting his own employees than trying to sweeten the deal for his own pilots. A small amount of money would have gone a long way. And yes I said a small amount.

Latest resources

Back