• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Impact on Citigroup Flight Department?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know the status of Citigroup's fleet? Are they still expecting the 7Xs? Again, I hope all of their pilots survive the meltdown...

Lets start carrying the numbers to CNN, MSNBC, etc and when these government tards walk thru the FBO's dial up the media. I bet the tables would turn then.

Does anybody have a guess at the cost to send some of these idiots on a tour to wherever and have the press tag along on the aircraft? Amazing.

All is just fine when it's an election year and the nobs on the hill use these fine aircraft for their uses campaigning. Hypocrites. Also reminds me of Brother Gore walking through the FBO at IAD and getting on a OLD Gulftream. Talk about carbon footprint. Whatever.

Better yet,

Let's all blog and post everytime we fly one of the media/ press around.

Does Tom Brokaw or Brian Williams fly to the scene of a news event in coach class on American Airlines?

It's high time the press get a taste of their own hypocracy.

Better yet,

Let's all blog and post everytime we fly one of the media/ press around.

Does Tom Brokaw or Brian Williams fly to the scene of a news event in coach class on American Airlines?

It's high time the press get a taste of their own hypocracy.
I do not think the media is saying private jets are "evil", I think their point is that if you are asking for a loan so your company can SURVIVE, a personal Airforce is not helping your bottom line. While you and I know the way jets are used as a excellent business tool most of the time, the media does not understand that, and they want the story that sells. When you show up in a jet with the ramp presence of a GV to ask for money, then, in their mond, that's a he!! of a story, and as we've all seen, it sells.
What sets the media apart from the automakers is that they are not asking for any money in order ot survive or otherwise. You don't hear anyone talking about EXXON having a fleet of jets; that's because they can afford them, they are profitable, and they are not asking anyone for anything. I suspect the media will get ahold of Citi like they have the big 3, and Citi will meet the same fate as the big 3. Maybe they will, maybe they wont, but Citi has a lot of folks over there running that place with too many ties to politicians, and appearances seem to be the order of the day in this economy. Citi will just have to see if time is going to be a friend of theirs. Good luck to them.

Flat out wrong. I flew Obama in a Learjet before he was a Senator. Of course, we were 135, so maybe it wasn't a "corporate" jet.

But Mr. Obama, who said he had never been on a corporate jet before becoming a senator, said he had come to view corporate jets as a way to circumvent the limits on so-called soft money campaign contributions.

Latest resources

Back