Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyifrvfr

CFII/MEI right seater
I'm currently looking for a CFI position in Fort Worth, Texas. As some of you may know, I am a new CFI who resides in Maryland, but I can't find any opportunities here. I don't want to jinx what I was told today, but I really need a CFI job in Fort Worth. Can anybody help with some info.

As some of you may know, I am a new CFI who resides in Maryland, but I can't find any opportunities here.

Are you sold on the Dallas area or do you have the "flexibility" to go elsewhere?

I know the CFI market in the Houston area was always pretty good when I resided there. MVP Aero Academy was always looking to hire CFI's and I believe that to still be the case, they continue to advertise for these positions.... It seemed like most of the instructors there were flying a lot of hours in any given month.

Fletcher at HOU also seemed to hire quite a bit when the need presented itself and you would probably also be able to obtain quite a few flight hours per month there not to mention the possibility to get into the multi-engine aircraft.

Lentz @ EFD was another school that always seemed to be short. I am not overly sure about the schools in the DFW area but if I were you and you have the freedom to move then I surely would look into the Houston markets.

You may also have a better chance of getting some 91/135 time there when you get your flight time and experience up.

just a thought..

3 5 0

I appreciate the reply 350, I will send resumes to them.

There is a flight school at Redbird, don't recall the name, run by a nice enough guy, who does MEI tickets. Worth checking into.

I appreciate the reply 350, I will send resumes to them.

Anytime, I wish you much luck and success in your job search. Speak to Maybelle or Larry Fletcher personally if you make the phone call. I think you will probably get some positive feedback.. PM me if you have any specifics pertaining to the Houston area or if I can answer any other questions that you may have...

You also have American Flyers there and quite a few other flight schools at the other airports in the Houston area as well so I would also send resumes to the others, don't just limit yourself to the above mentioned flight schools.

good luck,

3 5 0

at meacham field there is american flyers(they also have a school at addison), delta quali-flight, and i think a couple of other little schools. at hicks field there is at least one schoo, but from what i heard its kinda shaddy. denton has us flight academy and north american flight academy. that is all i can think of off the top of my head and this info is a couple of years old. hope it helps and good luck with the search

I Don't remember the names of the schools but airports to look at for training in the DFW area are: Fort Worth Meacham, Denton, Arlington, Dallas Addison, Mckinney. I would say the majority of the flight training occurs at these airports.

I'm sure you can do a search with the airports and find out who is there.

Hope this helps!

Thanks again for all of your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

Go Aviation:

200 Commander Road, Fort Worth, TX 76106
(817) 624-6179

or

Commander Road # N2D, Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 740-9828

I believe they are still there.
Old aircraft but pretty good instructors. Not expensive.

SkyMavs:

4201 North Main Street, Suite-107
Ft. Worth, TX 76106-2749
817-819-5256

www.skymavs.com

This is a new school, I know the flight instructors there (close friends). I would recommend you check them out. Ask for Drew or Carl.

American Flyers:

4201 N. Main St., Suite 100
Ft Worth TX, 76106
817-625-5020

Stay away from Delta Qual Flight: If you stop by there you will know what I mean.

All the schools except for Go Aviation are in the Main Terminal building.

To find Go Aviation: Go up the main road to the terminal and veer to the left between the two fencerows. You will run into it.

Howells Aircraft Service

Grand Prairie Municipal Airport
3122 Great Southwest Parkway
Grand Prairie, Texas 75052
Phone: (972)988-8609 FAX:(972)641-1438
http://www.howellsaircraft.com/index.htm

Located at Grand Prairie Municipal. Very good place, you should check them out also. TONS of flying there.

Marcair, Inc.

http://www.marcairaviation.com/

11310 Cleveland Gibbs Rd.,
Roanoke TX, 76262
Phone (817) 430-0005
Fax (817) 430-0009
Email [email protected]

I have not heard bad things about MarcAir at Northwest Regional, several of my friends fly there.

Denton Aero

http://www.dentonaero.com/index.shtml
940-320-4359

This one is in Denton, they have a 152 I think

US Flight Academy

http://www.usflightacademy.com/usfa/

Pretty good school with some very nice pipers. Seems like they have a lot of money to stay open.

Sky Mates

This one is at Arlington Municipal Airport.

817/472-8307

[email protected]

www.skymates.com

Pro Aero

These guys are out of Hicks Air Field

Hicks Field
161 Aviator Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76179
Phone: (817) 439-3033
Fax: (817) 232-411
E-mail: [email protected]

http://www.pro-aircraft.com/

That is a good start but you can go to the site below and it gives you a list for all of Texas. Look for the following cities: Ft. Worth, Fort Worth, Arlington, Grand Prairie, Denton, Addison, McKinney, Dallas, Bowie, Cleburne, Decatur, Granbury, Mineral Wells, Roanoke, Stephenville and Weathorford.

In addition, FYI Redbird Airport is now known as Dallas Executive.

http://www.aopa.org/learntofly/school/index.cfm

Search by Texas.

I hope this helps.

TXPilot

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back