I'm a Green Carder about to be recalled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nosewheel

I have lived and flown in the USA on and off for the past twenty years and was last furloughed in May 2000 from a US carrier after working six years for them. I have also flown MAC and as a civilian was involved in the evacuation of Americans and foreign Nationals from Somalia and Saudia Arabia during the gulf war. I am now about to be re-called and was advised that due to being a Canuck with a green card and with the new security measures in place by the US Justice Dept., I may not be allowed to return to work with my former employer. I have spent the entire day in the Goverment web sites trying to find this new ruleing but have found nothing. The company has only advised me that it would be to my advantage if I were still current and qualified 121 but, were unable to give me any more details. If there are any aviation Lawyers or INS, FBI, Justice Dept or any folks out there that have any info on this or can point me in the right direction I would be very much obliged. Thanx all and Happy New Year! PS, Please feel free to send a PM

Last edited:
Our company posted this little notice:

The U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service has announced that it is now rigorously enforcing Section 265 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, requiring change of address notifications by all foreign nationals who have lawful permanent residency (“Green Cards”) and those in the U.S. in a nonimmigrant status. The INS has announced that it will start enforcing this requirement in light of recent homeland defense security measures.

Not notifying the INS within 10 days of a move can be considered a failure to maintain valid immigration status and can result in significant fines and other penalties.

If you need to comply with this regulation, you can download a Form AR-11 at www.ins.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm.

File one for each person in your family, if applicable. Keep a copy and send the original to the INS address at the bottom of the form by certified mail with return receipt requested or other service with receipt documentation service to ensure a record of your compliance.

Amazing…

Arabs on watch lists can enter our country evidently with the ease of a migratory bird then completely lose themselves to the FBI and INS, but a Canadian, a green card holder and FAA licensed pilot whom has opened his life up to background check after background check for 121 employment as well as the requirements to become legal to work here has become the enemy of free civilization.

Amazing…

I wholeheartedly believe we are our own worst enemy.

Since when did we go to war with Canada, last time I picked up the local fish wrapper I could of swore it was Muslim extremist for mostly middle eastern countries we are at war with.

:mad:

Incidentally does anyone here frequent the Sarasota Naples area in Florida?

I’ve seen many times now, maybe as many as 5 or 6 a Citation with an Egyptian registry going in and out of mostly SRQ packed to the gills with swarthy men and not a single time have I heard any of them speak English with the exception if the flight crew on frequency.

They (the pax) are rude to the FBO personnel and evidently have been at odds with the local police over driving POV’s on the ramp.

Imagine what would happen to me if I decided to drive up to the ole Cheyenne and off load the golf clubs one morning instead of lugging them myself or paying the linemen to load them for me?

Why don’t we send these guys packing?

I can help you with that.

Because we have become so politically correct, we are unwilling to target the individuals who are at odds with our country. Even though terrorists have in the past found it easier to enter our country by means of the Canadian border, we are not at war with Canada.

Because we are unwilling to target the suspect groups, we end up targeting people like nosewheel, who are no more dangerous than you and I, and are less dangerous than many people who were born here.

In the sense that the fear of being offensive has become nearly our number one preoccupation, we are our own worst enemies. Until we can garner popular support for intelligent profiling, which the mainstream media will never allow, we will continue to suffer the consequences of politically correct blindness.

Last edited:
But at least we feel good about ourselves for being PC and that's more important than any real security measures. It's those cursed law abiding citizens who are the real threat. I hope I don't come across as cynical because that would be politically incorrect.

Agreed.... there are those in the media/universities who would rather suffer another terror attack on the scale of 9/11 than offend someone by searching them.

There's still hope

Nosewheel,

As the rules stand, you need to be both current and qualified in something over 12,5 to be eligable for what's called an "expedited" security check. I had to go through one about 6 months ago and I'm pretty sure nothing's changed since then.

Apparently, it's nothing difficult but the application for the check has to be made by your company. It takes about 2-3 days. However, you can only apply for this if you're current. So I think that's what you need to do.

The biggest problem is that a lot of companies don't know what to do or even how to go about things, so they end up not bothering at all.

I wish you the best of luck, and you can PM if you have any other questions.

Latest resources

Back