• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IFR Alternates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wannabe/splits/350driver...dense doesn't adequately describe you. Bloody idiot comes awfully close, but isn't quite there yet, either.

The quotes I posted were from FAA publications. All of them. Avbug didn't write them...but the Administrator certainly did. That's official information from official government publications, quoted verbatim. Still not good enough for you, apparently.

That you are arguing or complaining, or whining about quotes straight from the FAA publications speaks volumes for you.

Here's advice from me: you need to quit now. You looked foolish when you began, you look downright stupid now...and you can only make yourself look worse. Give it up.

avbug said:
They did. In the AIM...but you weren't content with what you were told by the AIM.

The administrator wrote this? Wow...My bad.

Your character flaw is evident in so many of your posts. Talking in the third person now? I think you need to seek professional help. I'll help, "Hi I am Avbug and I am a flightinfo junkie.............."

Last edited:
Yes, the Administrator is responsible for all FAA publications, all FAA rulings, regulation, decision, policy, practice, budget, etc. All of it. By an act of congress, no less. Any FAA policy, statement, or publication is the voice of the Administrator. Numerous individuals write and work for the Administrator, but any FAA publication is the word of the Administrator.

Accordingly, the words of the AIM are the words of the Administrator, whom takes full responsibility.

You didn't know that. Did you? Good god. You're dense.

So the words of the administrator, quoted verbatim from official FAA publications available to the general public (the part of the public that's not too lazy to read them) are my character flaw, are they? I've had worse, but far more logical, accusations, you ding bat. Quoting the Administrator is a character flaw?

Let's look at some of your own recent comments, seeing as you just won't roll over and die...

From an “If given a choice of airplanes,” thread:
1900...it is newer and a big step towards a King Air job someday. Then again, maybe the one with a working autopilot!

That one doesn't really need much explaination, of course. The BE-1900 is a step up toward that treasured king air job, some day, you say. Doofus, the 1900 is a king air...and not really a stepping stone down to smaller king airs. Even though it might be your choice of airplane.

Instructing is scary stuff. Even more scary when your name is in somebody's logbook, but you are not in the plane if they screw up. I know plenty of guys that have had the Feds come a calling long after the last time they flew with whomever screwed up. You are on the hook for 2 years if you sign somebody's BFR off. I'm going to have a nightmare tonight just thinking about it.

Terrifying. Even though we've all done it, apparently a lot more than you...we're blessed to know it scares the socks off you. Tone it down a bit, though. For a 7,100 hour piston ATP who dreams of flying turbine equipment, your inexperience is so loud it hurts. And forget I posted that paragraph...I don't want you reading your own words, remembering what you know nothing about, and having nightmares tonight just thinking about it.

More importantly, make sure that you are/were properly endorsed to fly X aircraft that you logged PIC time in. I know of too many people who got to fly a C421, BE20, P210, but did not have a high altitude endorsement and logged PIC time.

Let's see...that would be you again recently, once more attempting to prove you don't understand the regulation. You're doing well at it, I might add. (Such as this case, in which an endorsement isn't needed to log the time..but you didn't know that either, did you?) You're of course the expert on regulation, the enforcement process, employing mechanics (luckily no regulation there, right?), and piston box flying...speaking of which...here's a classic:

I agree, you are not a true freight dawg if you are on a scheduled route. Sorry all you Airnet and Bankair guys, you are not true freight dawgs. Maybe just a freight dog, but not a true freight dawg.

Luckily freight dogs everywhere have you to look to for guidance, if not expert regulatory instruction...when you're not up all night having nightmares about flight instructing or regretting paying mechanics for a an eight hour day when they worked three...or lying about it on an internet web board. That would be expert counsel such as this recent gem:

There are obviously things that you could have been busted for that probably are not that big of a deal.

Luckily you're the exploiter of loopholes who knows just when to quit...and just what's a big deal and what's not. Lots of time to think about it and study, even if every answer is wrong, becuase you can spend your time practicing these flowery speaches and talking to the boxes...

That is why I like boxes, they don't complain and I don't need a "thank you".

Being a tough mental giant from Chicago, not unlike other pretenders we've had here to cause us a bit of trouble, you know just what it takes as an expert to get through the ice in those boxes, while fending off terrorists, evil posters such as myself, and the world at large...

I have a big maglite too. Keep it in the back pocket of the seat. That way I comply with the reg to have a "D" cell battery or equivelant light (or whatever it is). The best use I find for the maglite is knocking of the ice when I land. I am sure it would do just as well knocking someone out.

You didn't use that flashlight while sneaking down to New Orleans while kidnapping victims recently did you...someone who beats the ice off his airplane with a flashlight sounds a lot like someone here who brags about the terrifying sound of listening to ice breaking off his single cessna in the skies over chicago. Another piston powered wannabe. Like you.

You want to "comply with the reg," but you have no idea what it is. And admit it, while counseling us regarding the regulation. You have mastered irony. Poorly, but you're a master, alrighty then. It's just not your domain.

But you have a humorous side, too, as we see here, in a post in which the individual starting the thread offered to trade a pdf version of a Lear 35 manual for a Lear 60 manual...

In response to an offer to trade a Lear 35 manual for a Lear 60 manual…

I would not mind having a Lear 31 training manual. Not that I need it, just for $hits and giggles.

That's about all you could use that manual for, too...even though you got the wrong aircraft, and the thread was only three posts wrong. Brilliant.

A least YOU find it funny.

You're also a hearsay expert...you hear a lot of things, and apparently that makes you an expert. That Lear 31/35 manual might not help you with this one, but you posted anyway...

I heard from a guy I know that flies 20 series Lears for a well known cargo hauler…While the FO is heading to the back, the Captain asks for an expedited descent to FL230. He gets it, noses over, hits the speed brakes, and goes to flight idle. Turns around to see the FO pinned to the ceiling for about 2 minutes if done properly.

Two long minutes to pin the F/O at flight idle with "speed brakes" extended in a Lear 20-something, hmmm? Two minutes, stuck to the ceiling? I got pinned there once, in a lear. It lasted all of about three seconds. Two minutes...that's some ride. You heard, anyway.

You are the advice-meister...

PM me and I can give you a lot of advice on this topic. I had a presidential TFR violation that everybody told me there was no use fighting.

Most folks might find that a bit embarassing and want to keep quiet about it. Feel fortunate they didn't lose their shorts. Not you, a true freight dog that knocks ice from airplanes with his deadly flashlight, fires greedy bastard mechanics at the drop of a hat, know all about learjets but can't tell a 31 from a 35 (hint, one has winglets) and flies the chicago bears around while avoiding the evil dupage FSDO. You're there to fight for truth, justice, and the chicago way.

continued...

...continued:

I took a Chicago Bears doctor down there this weekend.

The DuPage FSDO is out of control.

They're not the ones, by chance that initiated enforcement action against you for busting a presidential TFR, are they?

No matter. So long as a true freight dog such as yourself is there to dole out expert legal advice, anyone finding themselves harrassed into submission by the DuPage FSDO will have your sound counsel to get them by.

Welll I guess you are talking about the expungement program that the FAA has. I think most if not all violations disappear after 5 years.

The down side to dragging it out is that the FAA expungement program time period will not begin until the violation is entered into the final record. After 5 years I think it is, you don't have to tell anybody about it because it will no longer be on your record.

Wait, wait a minute! What was that? You think? You think it's five years? Most violations? If not all of them? You mean you're a closet attorney (not to mention mechanic) and you don't know? You think? But you're an expert! PM you for counsel! You can tell us a lot about these things...or so you think. So you say.

I vote that anybody here should go to a guy that calls himself wannabe first, before making any legal decisions that might affect their career. Sounds like sound thinking to me. Or so says the wannabe.

How many 135 crews have ever gotten a tip from a passenger? Just kind of curious. I usually haul boxes, but once in awhile I put a shirt and tie on and take some folks to a meeting, funeral, vacation, or whatever. I have gotten a tip a couple of times. It always seems a bit odd and I don't really know how to react. One guy actually gave me $150. Kind of thought I could get use to that, but of course it has never happened again.

Are you sure you're not splits/350driver/the massage therapist of whom we dare not speak his name, from Chicago? Sounds a lot like you. Anybody that's been flying for 7,100 hours and is shocked and amazed at getting a tip ("actually gave me $150!") and doesn't know how to react...sounds more fraud than fact. But of course, it could never happen again.

Are all these personalities you? They're quotes from you, you know. I know ou hate the quote feature...the truth is a bear. Sorry it hurts so much.

Not really. Avbug is great at picking apart just small parts of a statement, just to spin it the way he wants to hear it in his head.

You sure do have a lot of time on your hands there avbug. Man, all your research...you should be proud of yourself. Funny thing is I can't figure out how someone with all the experience that you claim to have, has so much time to spend on here. And no, never claimed to have an ATP. You have skewed the facts once again.

Now to rebuff you once again: Yeah fly the 1900 and then be set up for a corporate BE20 job. Fly for Skyway, Great Lakes, or whoever for $18,000 to $30,000. Then be set up to get that $50,000+ a year job flying corporate BE20. With all the airline cut backs and hiring freezes, it might not be a bad idea. The choice was between a 1900, metro, or MU-2. Seems like the 1900 is the one that could lead directly to another.

Bears Orthopedic surgeon. That is right! Want his phone number. Same contact that I managed to fly Brian Urlacher through.

OK, so I said log PIC time, when actually I meant act as the PIC. Ooops, my bad, but they kind of go hand in hand in most cases.

Yeah, that is right, knock the ice off. As you might know, not all of the aircraft is protected by de-ice or anti-ice equipment. The nose is just one example.

Of course I know the difference between a 31 and a 35. It was mentioned in that thread because I thought Lear drivers of all types might be looking. The obvious escapes you once again.

No, not the DPA FSDO, thus why my POI was willing to give me some advice. Was in the Great Lakes region though. Keep researching, even you can figure it out. Not bragging about it, just thought that guy might need some advice. Sounds like he is in pretty deep. I would not expect someone like you to understand.

Tips, yeah, when you are new to the industry (very early on in my 135 career) and somebody gives you $150....well one might be a little blown away. The spirit of the question was more how often it happens?

avbug said:
They did. In the AIM...but you weren't content with what you were told by the AIM.
Really, the administrator wrote this? Not the AIM, dimwit, this statement. What pub. and what page. Really sounded like you attacking yet another member of this forum. Maybe you should take a step back and review your abrasive personality. Obviously why you have so often changed jobs and are insecure about your current one. Most people probably don't much like these kind of statements. I am sure most chose to ignore you, but for now I chose to let you entertain me. Still not offering up anything, huh? Hmmm, great poser move.

Last edited:
Hey avbug ... don't feed the troll, although that was a masterful retort. But it makes me think of the old saw:

"[SIZE=-1]Never try to teach a pig to sing. It just wastes your time and annoys the pig."
:)
[/SIZE]

This guys is like the guy who keeps insisting that a controller can waive the 250Kts speed below 10,000'. Has all the pertinent info in front of him, but refuses to admit he's wrong.

Maybe its the same guy with a different screen name.

Latest resources

Back