IFL... the good bad and ugly?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EX580FR8Dawg said:
Yeah can't for get the loose- loads, humping the rolls of carpet in 90 degree weather at Harrisburg does a body good!

Ahhhhhhh..... Love the taste of turbozina in the morning!

Ah yes, busting your balls all night to make it to Saltillo by daybreak. Deadhead back to Laredo for a revenue flight to Phoenix, just make sure you hustle so you don't bust duty day!! Then deadhead the airplane home because it's hopping right now!! You haven't had sleep in 36 hours? Just come home and we'll let you have eight hours off!! The good old days..... It would have been a great job if they gave us a week on/ week off schedule.

Sleep......we don't need no stinking sleep!

Yes the 36+ hour days, getting back at 7am from A Pontiac- Mansfield-Laredo- Saltillo- Laredo- St Louis- DetroitCity trip then heading over to the P.L.I. in your slacks and Tshirt for a bucket o' beers with the 3rd shifters! Ahhh the memories!

Last edited:
CV-580

I worked there a short time, the CV-580 is a dream to fly, one of the most honest airplanes I have every flown. Stable, responsive, over powered, great stopping power. One lever for each engine, kinda like a jet, no condition levers, RPM levers, just a go stick than that reads in horsepower to the prop. It was kinda like a baby Electra, boost out.

You're killing me!! That man has hands the size of a bear paw. Don't touch anything on his side of the airplane, and if you do, make d@mn sure you duck!!!

Heck Ya he does, I was gonna mention that! His fingers are the size of Johnsonville Bratwursts!

"Are you going to Gaudalajara?"

Last edited:
Im afraid to be the bearer of bad tidings celloman, but they dont have a website and competitive minimums from what i hear from my buddies that are still there would be somewhere in the 15-2000hr range and 2-500hrs multi.

I guess the only thing I could reccomend is keep doing what you are doing and things will fall in to place. Unless you are comming from a school that has a contract with a regional or whatever it may be, its gonna be hard to get a job other than dropping bouncers out of a 182 or 206.

Good Luck! Remember.... a lil presistence and hard work never hurt anyone.

Monterey Center: Transauto 141, Climb and maintain FL220

Transauto 141: Royer, Climb and maintain FL220, Transauto 141

:D

Latest resources

Back