Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Your Company Opens A New Base, How Does it Work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its a calculated move by the company. I bet all the UA furloughs are going to IAH, that way if there is a territory fight with CA they can say, hey its your fellow ALPA members on the UA seniority list, fight among yourselves.

It would be interesting if the furloughs refused IAH.

The UAL furloughs will be more than happy to be denied a jumpseat on CAL since CAL ALPA is fighting to get their jobs back at UAL/CAL.

Prepare for us to kick your A$$ es out of EWR and IAH. You are in violation of scope.

Hmm... I don't remember signing the CBA with Continental pilots. Oh wait... that's right, I didn't. How could I be in VIOLATION of SCOPE then? Oh... that's right... I can't.

Hey, I'm all for the fight and totally agree with what you are fighting for. This isn't a fight you need to have with your fellow pilots. I truely hope that a judge gives an injunction on this flying.

Fight it out with your NEW MANAGEMENT. We have nothing to do with it.

Prepare for us to kick your A$$ es out of EWR and IAH. You are in violation of scope.

Honestly the UAL and CAL pilots should have seen this comming and gotten a JCBA with scope on the table a long time ago. Or maybe they knew it was comming and it's just not as big of an issue to some compared to others.

The pilots need to come to an agreement and get a JCBA on the table right now if they have any hope of keeping the 50 seat scope. I think it will be too late when those 700s start flying under United Express out of a CAL domicile.

Skywest is not is violation of scope since we are doing this under the UAL contract.

Cheers,
Scott

Back to the original question. XJT's contract says that a pilot is eligible for moving expenses if he/she is awarded and advanced to a "new" domicile (one that has been open for 12 months or less). Said pilot is entitled to moving expenses for a full-service move of a total weight of up to 12,500 lbs. Said pilot must move within 300 miles of the new domicile within 18 months of being advanced. Plus, you get up to $5,000 for mileage, meal expenses, hotel expenses (for three days in transit) and reimbursement for penalties associated with breaking a lease.

Hopefully something we will be able to retain in our new JCBA.

I hope they get more flying out of EWR and IAH. It takes less time to board and deplane a 700. The crews seam more professional and you jokers with stickers on your flight bag look very foolish.

Latest resources

Back