If you were an airline interviewer.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mar,
Thanks for the info. Most of these HR questions seem rather difficult to answer the right way if indeed they all have some "hidden meaning" as to what they are really asking you.

this one was a little odd...

One question that suprised me...

Q: "Tell me about a time when you went against company policy and why." if you say you never have, they can tell 90% of the time if youre lying or not just cause it was a really unexpected question. good to rattle you.

i've always liked this
Q: "Tell me why i should hire you"...gives them a chance to imbelish horribly and throw away their interview. nothing about hiring you over the other qualified ones....just you and why you alone.

theres a good one i heard from my neighbor about an OLD chief pilot interviewing long ago who asked,
Q: "whats electricity?"

the candidate thought for a minute...."umm...isnt it the movement of positivelychargedelectronsthroughaconductivematerial?"

Laughter followed...."Can you start monday at 11?"

How would this question be answered then?

You are in the flight deck with your Captain and you are fairly new to the company and you smell alcohol is his breath, what do you do?

Chicklet?

Hey Captain? You gonna share some of that with me?
:D

I think this answer will help during a Guard/Reserve interview, maybe not with a 121 carrier, though!

#1W

Re: this one was a little odd...

Airpiraterob said:

theres a good one i heard from my neighbor about an OLD chief pilot interviewing long ago who asked,
Q: "whats electricity?"

the candidate thought for a minute...."umm...isnt it the movement of positivelychargedelectronsthroughaconductivematerial?"

Laughter followed...."Can you start monday at 11?"

And all this time I'm thinking electrons were negatively charged.....(sigh)... back to the drawing board.....

well....

hey ive never been that great at re-telling a story, and ive never been too good at telling the TRONs apart from each other...theres good and evil ones right? red and blue? or blue and red?

i 'passed' electricity in school....i didnt ace it.

CCDiscoB said:

I scoff....The Air Force guy would be down there.

The Civilian Capt/F.O. would close the curtain, because their lay-over is only 8 hours and they would be afraid the other would will turn him in.

If I really had that question posed to me I'd say, I'm downstairs until I hit 12 hours prior.

I'd say the civilian guy goes down, but pays for the beer w/cash (as opposed to a credit card) so as to avoid a paper trail when he is taken aside for emanating a breath of alcohol smell at the TSA checkpoint the next morning. We learn.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back