• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If you donate kidney..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They'll let you sit up there, but it takes a while to get the mileage.

Ok..for douchbag like u, will lose your first class due to mental illness. Your joke is not funny at this time.
Put yourself you are in the dillema that you are the only one can save someone's life but you will lose your career.

Last edited:
Contact your AME, it appears you can. The FAA will evaluate for a "non-neoplastic nephrectomy" on a case by case basis. Neoplastic means removed for a tumor.

http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...me/guide/app_process/exam_tech/item41/amd/us/

From the FAA AME Guide (from link above): "If the remaining kidney function and anatomy is normal, without other systemic disease, hypertension, uremia, infection of the remaining kidney - Issue

Otherwise - Requires FAA Decision"

Secondly, I'd like to apologize. To be brutally honest, I didn't think your post was legit, I know that sounds like a dick thing to say, but this is flightinfo.

You really should consult with someone qualified and knowledgable, like an AME, if you're serious.

Best of luck to you and your friend or loved one.

Last edited:
Ok..for douchbag like u, will lose your first class due to mental illness. Your joke is not funny at this time.
Put yourself you are in the dillema that you are the only one can save someone's life but you will lose your career.

Actually, the joke WAS funny. What kind of thing is this to discuss on flightinfo?

The joke was hilarious. Asking the question on a website rather than asking an AME is dumb.

Or at least asking the question in the medical section of said website. I mean, how is this possibly an LCC/Nationals issue?

Hey freightrash, relax. Having a sense of humor in this industry is a mandatory prerequisite to maintain your sanity.

I had a kidney removed when I was 12 y/o due to sepsis, and when I applied for my first medical at 19 y/o didn't hear a word about it from the FAA then or for the rest of my career.

So yes, you can get first class, or you can ride in coach if there's not enough room.

Latest resources

Back