Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ACL65PILOT

Then it will not be a merger.
I am sure that either way I need an up to date resume ready.

Probably so, unfortunately. Then, Continental buys United - I wouldn't want to be a recent-hire at UAL...

If NWA buys DAL, there will be great rejoicing in FI Land, as "The General", defeated and humiliated, will never again be seen in these parts.

From that day forward, that day will be known as "50 Point Day", representing the average increase in the IQ of posters.

Nu

PS Latest fishwrapper says that it will be a stock swap, because no one has any money to lend.

ACL65 - you really think you need a resume ready? Delta's supposed to be doing an advanced entitlement with around 500 slots. You think things are turning around and you are going to get flushed?

If a DAL/NWA tie up is supposed to be a merger, why would a NWA/DAL tie up NOT be a merger?

... You know what they said about Chicken Little?
... "Holy Crap, a talking Chicken!"

Last edited:
You are almost right. In 6-12 months the General will be a junior FO on reserve in MEM slinging gear in a CRJ200 for Pinnacle. :D

Jeez... it's like going to the zoo and poking the animals with a stick. Expecting a multi-post, rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, insult-laden response from "Private Lee" in 5...4....3...2...

Jeez... it's like going to the zoo and poking the animals with a stick. Expecting a multi-post, rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth, insult-laden response from "Private Lee" in 5...4....3...2...

I was just being sarcastic. But the truth is that a Delta/NWA merger will actually be one in which NWA has that upper hand and will probably buy Delta.

If Northwest does buy Delta, Northwest would probably drop its more regional-sounding name for Delta's and move its headquarters to Atlanta from Minneapolis. Also an eventual closure of the Memphis base is highly likely. Good news for the General as he will not be uprooted and will maintain his primary residence in ATL. The senority issue will probably hurt the most though.

I was just being sarcastic. But the truth is that a Delta/NWA merger will actually be one in which NWA has that upper hand and will probably buy Delta.

If Northwest does buy Delta, Northwest would probably drop its more regional-sounding name for Delta's and move its headquarters to Atlanta from Minneapolis. Also an eventual closure of the Memphis base is highly likely. Good news for the General as he will not be uprooted and will maintain his primary residence in ATL. The senority issue will probably hurt the most though.

Why would you possibly say that? Is that your educated "hunch?" Upper hand based on what?

Did you not see the article today stating that Delta is looking to be the buyer in that situation? Did you read that article? Why would Delta's CEO ask Delta's board for permission to look into being bought by NWA? That don't make any sense...

So, go ahead - give me your educated rationale for why NWA would have the "upper hand." We are all waiting. And don't use the Asian routes treaties as an example - we all know you can get around the legalities the same way UAL, Fedex and Air Canada have done in the past.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back