if money were no object...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
C'mon guys, admit it.

Who wouldn't want to bang around in an A-10, huh? I haven't met a pilot yet who wouldn't want to fly the hog.

If money were no object, then I wouldn't be working. That would give me time to fly my P-51 around for fun and buy an HU-16 Albatross and start a non profit flying charter for the Hooters staff.
:D

If I had money to burn...

...I'd go for the Connie. Is that group (Save-a-Connie?) still selling type ratings in theirs?

...Three pieces of tail at once...YEAAAHH BAAABBYY!!!:D

Now, put me in a Hog for an hour and I don't think a mortician could get the $hit-eatin' grin off of my face!!

Well, back to reality...

The Hog would be fun.

"Doh, that Cessna just cut us off." Bzzzzzzzt "Not anymore..."

Are we talking about a real world job here or just aimless fun? I guess you could have both huh.
Mine would be flying Super Cub's and C-185's up on the glaciers in AK.
Anyone ever read Wager With the Wind, the Don Sheldon story? Thats the book that sold me. He's been my hero since I was 12.

Touring the country in a B-17, the most elegant warplane ever made.

Flying Floats,

That's the kind of flying which attracted me to aviation in the first place. I just got back from taking some guys out on a sucessful 4 day caribou hunt. The first evening a herd of caribou wandered practically into our camp. They were safe, as no-one could shoot one until the next day after being airborne. The only other person we saw the whole time was a Fish and Wildlife Officer who magically appeared at our camp in his Super Cub just after 2 caribou were taken. It was hard work, but completely different set of challenges than my job; no one to talk to on the radio, no airways to fly, no performance charts and runway lengths ... just experience and the eyeball to determine how big a load I could haul out of a given lake. As I was driving home after getting back I marveled at the contrast between the traffic, noise, and clutter of the city and the quiet of where I'd just been. It got me to wondering what it would be like doing that full time. Maybe it would become old after a while, but it certainly seems apealling.

regards

If money were no object.......

......I would be flying medevac in a BK109 helicopter. Very challenging and rewarding flying. I fly rotary part time, but the money and schedule just aren't there. To get a decent paying RW job with a decent schedule I would have to move, and the wife wouldn't allow that. ;)

A CONNIE? You know that's the worlds best tri-motor don't you?
It frequently came home with one shut down.:eek:

Last edited:
Well if that Hooter Air deal ever came to fruitition....:D

I could explain to my wife, "honey it was the only job I could get nobody else is hiring - and they serve great chicken wings".

Actually just about any flying job would be better than what I'm doing now. Flying a DC-3 for "the benefit of mankind" would be nice.

Latest resources

Back