If I knew then...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Amish RakeFight said:
Bring a camera on all your flights. This way, you can post them on your blog.

...and make sure you have tool written all over you when you pose for them.

This guy is the real tool. I normally keep a digital camera with me, although I don't post my pics all over the internet. You never know when you'll see something interesting you want to take a picture of, and share with friends and family. There really is a lot to see. You are always on the go traveling, and who doesn't travel with a camera? Just cause you take pictures doesn't make you a tool, regardless of what others say. My best advice is to ignore over half of what you hear. Mainly people complaining about the job and rumors. Don't let their grumpiness bring you down, and don't believe a rumor until you see it. Everything else said earlier is great advice and maybe current employees should read over it again and start doing some of it. Fly safe and enjoy it.

D'Angelo said:
Never ever let the union intimidate you.

Sounds like the voice of experience!

Let everyone else intimidate you, though...right?

D'Angelo said:
Do whats best for you first.

A good rule! Use it with your spouse, your kids, and your friends. Let all those leeches know that all their petty issues take a backseat to those of Numero Uno!

D'Angelo said:
Be not afraid to tell them to pound sand if you disagree with something they say.

If fact, do that with everybody! Chief Pilot look at your "funny"? Tell him to "pound sand!" Your captain tell you "gear up!"...tell that union member dork to "pound sand!".

And when you get called in for doing something stupid, don't call your union. Tell the company lawyers to "pound sand!"

D'Angelo said:
If you agree with them fine but dont be afraid to voice your own opinion. No matter what the mob mentality tries to do to you. If they try to use violence and intimidation, try to have them prosecuted under the RICO statutes.

Or shoot 'em! Twice. Yeah...that's it! That'll teach those union scum the way it works! Screw RICO. If you think they don't like you (although I can't imagine why) stab them with your shiv.

B!tches!

Take a small bag or backpack (no, this is not meant to re-start the backpack debate). Take a change of clothes and leave it in the backpack full time (unless of course you have to use them). That way, whenever you get called for a day trip or for airport reserve, you can take the backpack, throw it into your rollaboard, zip it up and you're ready to go. It's quick and convenient, and if you get stuck on an unplanned overnight (it happens), you don't have to worry about not having anything to change in to.

nev-air mind said:
"If I knew then what I know now..." :rolleyes:

Any advice worth sharing for the new regional FO? I certainly believe in learning from others' mistakes!

Stop reading the Regionals section of FI.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back