Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acaTerry

SAPM
...the words "supply and demand" one more time, I'm gonna have a caniption. I hope every one of you who shrug your shoulders, say "supply and demand", and bend over to take it up there have the worst contract you ever imagine. It's time to make "Flying the Line" MANDATORY reading for everyone who wants to fly professionally. You want to go make peanuts for a company that can do you better? Then LEAVE THE AIRLINES! Darn tired of of the whores out there. Let those of us who worked MANY years to get here KEEP WHAT WE GOT!!!

CMR pilots: You're the last of the Mohicans. At least you have some guts. Looks like CHQ is going to hang on too.

Last edited:
Demand and Supply..... :) It is just not supply and demand of labor vs management, its supply and demand of aircraft seats (capacity) and passengers. Too many aircraft and too many companies driving down revenue. Airline company "X" can't afford to raise ticket prices or they will be undercut and lose to company "Y". Look at the companies in or near bankruptcy (United, USAir, American, - even Delta is losing millions) - why are they there? High labor costs, bad management, and brutal competition.

Finally, what you think you deserve and what the flying public is willing to pay seldom intersect. If you want to claim pay based upon responsibility, then we need to immediately raise taxes and double the checks for policemen, firemen, the military, etc. A widebody captain making more than the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the FBI Director, the CIA chief is absurd on a responsibility level.... Or you can base pay upon what your services will bring on the market (tempered by the ability of a union to counterweight management.) Sometimes times are good, now they are bad.

Life's a bitch - and now she's in heat.

Last edited:
So what then, you're saying supply and demand doesn't exist in the world of aviation? Got news for you, there will forever be a long, long line of fresh grads from flight school willing to work for free. Way more pilots than jobs. Supply and demand.

This isn't to say that those currently working for the airlines shouldn't hold out for proper compensation that they are due. When it comes to negotiaing, the union is in charge. Management will bend over and take it up the hershey highway. It's time to show a little respect for the people who make the companies what they are.

then we need to immediately raise taxes and double the checks for policemen, firemen, the military, etc.

I agree strongly on this. Unfortunately, we are raising a society that teaches its youngsters that the cops are the bad guys, and that the military is for "those who can't". This is today's modern yuppie way of thinking and it $ucks.

A widebody captain making more than the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the FBI Director, the CIA chief is absurd on a responsibility level....

The lifelong benefits and retirement on such positions blows away even DAL's highest paid 777 CA.

Demand and Supply.....
Thanks for the laugh! We needed that:D

...someone saying 'living the dream' and meaning it.....ugh....strangulation will ensue....

terry's right, the initial blame lies with all the people who believe that delusional statement because all they care about is 'being an airline pilot' those types don't love flying like some of us, they may like it, but their only concern is the "status" of being able to tell people 'Hey, I'm an airline pilot'

you can usually recognize them as they goosestep across the ramp

supply and demand, supply and demand, su

supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand, supply and demand,

yeah ima dick...but i had to do it.

Airpiraterob,
You are hilarious! I'd love to fly with you sometime.

Add "Hard Landing" to the list.

I think one of my passengers wrote that after a trip with me!:D

Right on you guys, say it like it is!
In fact, the latest Gallup Poll Survey shows that these are the top five things that people think of when you say: "I'm an airline pilot."

5) I thought I smelled Schlitz Malt Liquer.
4) Betcha he can name the states that don't award alimoney.
3) Nothing you say in public is true.
2) You don't look anything like "Maverick".
1) Marry you and fly for free? But you're broke and a drunk!

Latest resources

Back