Idiotic Article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

79%N1

Check out this guys article. I wrote him back to tell him what I think of this garbage.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25058850/

Other than the point about walking up steps, it is useless, and not to mention, most of the cities would have no service, so walking a few steps may be worth it afterall.

I actually agree with him. Passengers prefer larger aircraft. Do not be sensitive to it, when a passenger boards a RJ they are not comparing it to a turbo prop, they are comparing it to a 757.

Wow...just...wow.

I don't have a problem with the complaints about the aircraft size...like ASADFW said, they compare to a 757.

However, I do have a problem with blanket statements like "the regional carriers operating these planes don’t fly by the same rules as the major airlines"...without any kind of explanation. Just more sanctimonious fear-mongering by the mainstream media. In a way, I guess he's right. We have to fly not only by the rules the majors do, but by a whole different set of rules and obstacles passed down by the majors themselves that set back regional carriers daily.

Also...not to defend Mesa...maybe, just maybe, they should ask United why that ORD-CWA flight is always late.

Last edited:
Big baby.

For years millionaires paid several times the average person's salary to ride on a DC-3.

It's mass transit. You don't get special service on any municiple transit system do you?

I've been hearing this cr@p for years. I ask them how much did you pay for your ticket? They say a certain amount, and I tell them it was cheaper than driving, wasn't it? The public has been griping about service for several years now. I've got some news for you: "Airline travel is NOT a right." If you don't like what you're hearing or experiencing, stop flying.

I actually agree with him. Passengers prefer larger aircraft. Do not be sensitive to it, when a passenger boards a RJ they are not comparing it to a turbo prop, they are comparing it to a 757.

In my opinion, I'd prefer any RJ seat to the middle seat in coach of a 737 or 757...

1. Avoid smaller aircraft
That’s what Hall-Zientek, who works for a technology company in East Aurora, N.Y., did after her harrowing flight. An experienced traveler, she took note of the make and model of aircraft. “The plane seemed weightless in the sky and was swaying from left to right and bounced up and down before it landed,” he says. “I will never set foot on that aircraft again.”

The guy who wrote is is an 8th grader..... the FI police are on him like stink on jo

My favorite excerpt:

5. Remember the exceptions. Frank Zuccaro, who operated a Federal Aviation Administration-certified aircraft instrument shop for more than two decades, says it would be unfair to paint all those operating regional jets with the same broad brush. In his experience, there are some professional operations such as General Motors Air Transport, “which are, for the most part, extremely conscientious, professional organizations.” But he’s also seen plenty of playing it fast-and-loose with the rules, which typically happens on smaller, commuter airlines. “They attract kids, ex-plumbers, and an assortment of motley characters who are more enamored, it seems, with the title than the occupation,” he adds. Good point.

Yeah, like a plumber is gonna walk away from a lucrative career to fly for a regional. Gimme a break!

And how is an avionics tech an expert on regionals?

-Motley Character (Airline Pilot to you!)

Latest resources

Back