• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ooops

I'll stick to things with wings.

supsup

Looks like another applicant for the Darwin Awards.

I used to have a mpeg clip looking through a FLIR of what was most likely an Apache...they're doing a NOE flight. The pilot says "Think I can make it between those trees?" To which the gunner replies, "Nope." The pilot responds, "Oh ye of little faith" a half second before striking the rotor on the aforementioned trees. The next non-explitive you hear is "MAYDAY"...

Great clip, but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone have it or know where I can get it?

Thanks,

Chunk

supsup, helicopters do have wings.
j

Chunk I have that one, I put it and a couple of other strange aviation movies on my website (please don't stream, download that way you can watch it as many times as you want without killing my bandwidth):
http://www.lazyeights.net/movies/

It looks like he had no clue about the anti-torque pedals were for. I'm surprised he figured out what raising the collective would do!

Does anyone know is this guy survived? After that tail rotor was destroyed, I'll bet that thing spun like a dervish until the main rotors were broken.

Does Schwitzer (sp) have any public comment on this one?

The guy on the tape says that he bit the big one and they weren't trying to get him out or anything so it must have been fairly obvious. I don't own a camcorder but aren't the voices a little clear from so far away?

RT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back