• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Idiot Crashing B200.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As the old saying goes, there's no glory in flyin' low, the best you can do is tie the record.

Reminds me of the yahoo that did the same thing in a B52. That "Hey ya'll, watch this!" stuff turns out that way too often.

Pi$$ on his grave. Hot dogging pilots should receive a permanent revocation.

Don't be so quick to judge. As I have a hunch that when the accident report comes out, it will show that he was not buzzing the drag strip. The last ATC report that I have read, had him in a holding pattern IMC.

I watched the video a few times and whomever was flying the aircraft never attempted to roll the wings level or attempt to pull up. However, by the time it hit the ground the bank angle was so steep, it would have done no good to try to pull up with just the elevators. Maybe that is what he tried to do and just made the situation worse, causing the accident.

As the co-pilot lived, I guess we'll know sooner or later. I've about a thousand hours in Kingair 200s and I can't imagine how one does get into that postion accidentally.

Okay, I just watched the video again and pausing it when the aircraft first comes into view on the camera on the back of the truck that had the cameras. Wish I could view it in slow motion.

When you first see the aircraft, it could have just dropped out of the clouds. The bank angle is already nearly 90 degrees and never changes utill impact.

Possible instrument failure* while IMC or spatial disorientation and not enough time to react when VMC?

Guess we'll know sooner or later.

* A lot of 200s came with just one flight director on the left side and only a vacuum or electic driven AH on the right side. I know of at least one accident where the flight director failed while the aircraft was IMC and the pilot followed the failed flight director into the ground killing all onboard.

Latest resources

Back