Identity

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyDeltasJets

I stop by every once in a while to lurk. Unfortunately, there seems to be another poster who, unfortunately for me, signed up around the same time I departed.

I don't know if a moderator can check ip addresses, or if there is any other way to confirm identities, but I would appreciate it if someone in the know could clear this up.

I have never been afraid to post my opinions, and never will be afraid to do so. The "heat" that some claim I tried to escape was nothing more than a realization that I was wasting my life having the same arguments with the same people. The idea that I would post 1,000 times on often unpopular subject, and then suddenly decide I "couldn't take the heat," only to create another screen name and repeat the process is beyond ridiculous. Someone (who is obviously new to these boards) even went so far as to call me a "coward". How ironic, in light of the countless threads in which I debated my side alone against what seemed like every other member of these forums.

If I want to say something, I'll do it on the ALPA forums under my own name, or I'll do it here under the name "FlyDeltasJets."

I agree with some things that "scopecmrandasa" says, and disagree with others. I have no idea if he is a cmr pilot or not. He makes some factual mistakes regarding the details of the rjdc case and the Delta PWA that I didn't make. I have noticed some inconsistancies in his posts. And frankly, I don't care.

I spent a lot of time on these boards, pissing some off, and making friends with others. I never shied from either. Nor did I ever lie in a single one of my posts. I invite any of you with the time (and there must be a few of you, judging from how many decided to check my posts for similarities with scopecmr's) to research every post I made in the last couple of years and find a single one in which I misrepresented myself. I haven't done so in the past, and I have no desire to do it now.

I don't really know how I would go about proving anything. If anyone has any ideas (in addition to the moderator checking, I'd be willing to give it a shot). I'm not really sure that I care that much about it, but a number of people know who I am, and it would concern me if any of them got the impression that I needed to lie. So if anyone has any ideas on how I can prove that I have NEVER posted a single post under any other name but "FlyDeltasJets," I'd certainly be willing to listen.

In the meantime, most of you should know that I'd NEVER pretend to be a regional pilot. ;)

Oh yeah, and lespaul? Bite me. Coward? Wuss? Get a few posts under your belt, do a bit of research on my posts, and you might realize that I never resorted to personal attacks. I'm not sure what I did to warrant your remarks, but they were out of line. Are you always that aggressive? You must be a joy to fly with.

I can confirm that "FlyDeltaJets" and "scopeCMRandASA" are NOT posting from the same internet account or Internet Service Provider. They each come from completely different internet backbones. They use completely different internet providers and are coming off of internet backbones from two separate corners of the country.

I haven't read the other posts or know what this is about, just saw this message... Hope this clears things up...

FlyDeltasJets said:
Thanks Falcon.

Sorry, FDJ. I don't know where they make this stuff up from. I don't want you to think I was trying to impersonate you. My posts reflect that, I think. Feel free to set me straight on the things I have wrong about the Delta PWA or the RJDC case.

--a concerned regional pilot

FlyDeltasJets said:
I stop by every once in a while to lurk. Unfortunately, there seems to be another poster who, unfortunately for me, signed up around the same time I departed.

I had my ID highjacked a few years ago, but the conversations were mostly about interviews then so it wasn't as big a deal.

Thanks for clearing it up.

FlyDeltasJets said:
In the meantime, most of you should know that I'd NEVER pretend to be a regional pilot. ;)

You had me at hello, then lost me with your arrogant ass comment.

How about telling some of your Delta Bros to start responding to radio calls. We followed DL1481 the other day and they only responded to the thrid radio call all the way into ATL. Good thing you guys get paid the bigs bucks.....for paying extra close attention and all!

:D

You tell 'em asa! I've NEVER missed a radio call in my life, EVER!!!:D

Re: Re: Identity

asarjfo said:

How about telling some of your Delta Bros to start responding to radio calls. We followed DL1481 the other day and they only responded to the thrid radio call all the way into ATL. Good thing you guys get paid the bigs bucks.....for paying extra close attention and all!

:D

Lemme tell you what I heard this morning......

"Candler XXX, Atlanta......." 7 TIMES!!!!!

Re: Re: Identity

asarjfo said:
FlyDeltasJets said:

Uhh, it was a joke based on the fact that some people think that all Delta pilots, especially me, are arrogant. I thought the smily face and the wink might give that away, but many people on this board look for insult even when none is intended.

You just demonstrated nicely why I don't post much on this board anymore.

And for the record, I was a regional pilot. I was proud of it then, and I'm proud now that I did it. Lighten up.

Hi FDJ,

I'm one of the people that suspects that "scope" isn't who he says he is, but I NEVER thought it was you. Not your style.

We've had our differences you and I, but you've always been a class act on this board.

For what it's worth (which isn't much),
Surplus1

Latest resources

Back