• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Icing no Problem for Aeroflot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As us Russian speakers sometimes exclaim "Ни хуя себе!" (loosely translatable as Holy Smokes except not smokes).

Oh my God!!!
They didn't crash!:nuts:

They got the job done though. Thousands upon thousands of dollars are wasted each winter by de-icing that just isn't necessary. This video is a little extreme, but guys you can use a little common sense and not worry about the know it all in the cabin that might see a trace of snow on your wing.

Oh my God!!!

They got the job done though. Thousands upon thousands of dollars are wasted each winter by de-icing that just isn't necessary. This video is a little extreme, but guys you can use a little common sense and not worry about the know it all in the cabin that might see a trace of snow on your wing.

How much extra runway do you think they ate up?

Oh my God!!!

Ha, tell that to a check airman at my outfit that got hammered by the FED! Some MX clown was riding in the back, by the wing, there was a trace of frost on top of wing, not sure if it was wet or frozen, the bottom looked fine according to SOP. Sometime before pushback he took a picture with his cell phone. When he arrived in OKC, he asked someone in the know who said it appeared to be frost, of the frozen kind and they took action against the company!!

When in doubt take a squirt!! This could just as easily been your aircraft with a little some-some on the wing and some student pilot with a camera will broadcast it on youtube!

Then you too could be doing the dance for your chief pilot or DO.

It looks like they tried to rotate with no success about 30 seconds into takeoff run in video then accelerated some more for the second successful rotation.

Don't know the weights, but their takeoff run is about 15 seconds longer than other 320s on the videos.

Initial thrust to nose wheel off is about 45 seconds compared to 30 seconds with a clean Airbus on youtube.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back