Icao Fpl??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YAY!

ICAO flight plans are a bitch to first look at, but after filing these almost exclusively for the last 17 months, I am glad the FAA is FINALLY going to be using them.
They have much more information, and are much easier to cancel, delay, and change then the normal FAA ones, especially if you use SABRE.

No more calling the Flight Data Center.

Yes, I was aware of the plan to transfer all domestic flt. plans to the ICAO format. So 05JUN is the target date?

BTW at some point this year there should be a change to the NOTAM format as the number of categories is reduced and airport authorties become responsible for filing their own NOTAMS, not Flight Serivce.

Yes, I was aware of the plan to transfer all domestic flt. plans to the ICAO format. So 05JUN is the target date?

BTW at some point this year there should be a change to the NOTAM format as the number of categories is reduced and airport authorties become responsible for filing their own NOTAMS, not Flight Serivce.

All local NOTAMS have stopped on JAN 28th 2008. They are now all D NOTAMS that are designed with catagories. That is why you now see NAV COM SVC etc. etc. to begin them now.

All local NOTAMS have stopped on JAN 28th 2008. They are now all D NOTAMS that are designed with catagories. That is why you now see NAV COM SVC etc. etc. to begin them now.

Ohhhh....Thats what those mean...I was so confused. good thing I just ignore NOTAMS anyway...

(sarcasm intended)

Ohhhh....Thats what those mean...I was so confused. good thing I just ignore NOTAMS anyway...

(sarcasm intended)

:laugh: We have one or two of those in our office as well.

Actually, they "mean" nothing to the NOTAM. It is for the computers to be able to recognize them and know what they are as part of this new system. Part of some filter function or something that we as Dispatch don't give a rats arse about since we ingest them all. But the GA guys will use the heck out of that feature.

But if someone needs it to help fumble their way through.....whatever sucks up the time .:rolleyes:

Last edited:
There are also some NOTAMs that are relating to airport surface closures that should have detailed maps to point stuff out. Just what my boss showed me when he returned from a conference regarding the NOTAM/ICAO flt. plan change. I don't know if the system used for filing NOTAMs will handle the diagrams, though.

Latest resources

Back