Ibt vote new or old?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GC,

For what it is worth, no, he is not in a position with special privileges. Yes, I do know who he is. He is as hard a working pilot as the rest of us who are doing all we can to keep our company in tact as much as possible. Do I totally agree with everything he says? No. But, he does speak openly and honestly and I would be more than happy to call BS on anything he said that was not honest.

What shanes and others just can't come to terms with is that he is very anti-union, at least for here at Flexjet and some don't like that. If he aggravates you so much, just block him. Then, you don't have to deal with anything he says. The beauty about this board is that you get to hear both sides feelings. We as individuals have to use what brains we have and decide what we choose to like/dislike and believe/not believe. I personally have no want nor desire for a union, but that does not mean that I don't listen to your opinions on what you have to say on the union side. The best thing both sides can do is openly, honestly and without hostility, discuss the issues and educate each other.

Ok, back to HBO.

Shanes , you hit the nail on the head on that one! TWA not only drinks the company koolaid, he is one of the guys that is serving it to others. I don't know who he is but he must be in a position where he has special privileges.

Thanks CL. My opinion of unions was not a positive one until I was introduced to aviation. Everyone has a learning curve-I had a steep one myself. I'm not going to block twa. I enjoy his 2 cents worth. I definitely support an open and honest dialogue. Sometimes I have to laugh when someone pushes his button and he counter attacks like a dog with rabies. I'll buy the first beer as the show begins.

And I will bring the popcorn.

:beer:

Thanks CL. My opinion of unions was not a positive one until I was introduced to aviation. Everyone has a learning curve-I had a steep one myself. I'm not going to block twa. I enjoy his 2 cents worth. I definitely support an open and honest dialogue. Sometimes I have to laugh when someone pushes his button and he counter attacks like a dog with rabies. I'll buy the first beer as the show begins.

I also was anti- union til I came to FLOPS. I don't think anyone is pro union. Its a necessary evil with companies that have management like FLOPS..You don't think all of us would like to be able to negotiate with our management without fear of retaliation or having to pay dues if we truly had a honest group of guys we could talk to and would give everyone a fair shake? If that was the case I would vote the union out today. Like a said a million times before (now a million and 1) not all companies need a union but FLOPS sure the hell does. Everything I heard aboput FLEX. they didn't need a union. If I worked there I wouldn't have wanted one either. Flex is gone your on the Ricci ride now. So hold the F on.

It is never for anything union. They find something else.

Again with the ambiguous.

I'll make it easier, name a union guy 'They' fired for 'something else'.

Post some facts, or don't post. We've already have too much make believe on this board.

bombardier-flexjet-squarelogo-1389157698883.png

?good until the end ?

• Comp & Benefits
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Senior Management
  • Culture & Values
  • Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Captain in Dallas, TX Current Employee - Captain in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bombardier Flexjet full-time (more than 10 years)
Pros
great mission , Superb co-workers

Cons
Management should not take anonymous hateful reports about crewmembers to be fact. This company railroaded a Captain on untrue facts based on anonymous reports that ultimately lead to them using an impossible set up in training simulator that lead to unjust termination of a Captain

Advice to ManagementAdvice
Do what you say
Don't be dishonest

Nobody has ever been terminated over unionization ( not even the Fab 5) it's always another reason like they didn't pass indoctrine. Or they didn't fit into the companies CULTure. But never ever unionization that's illegal no company would ever do something illegal like that

Latest resources

Back