Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

antbar

Hey, all...

I'm new to the world of non-CFI commercial operations, and I need to know where and how to get the best ground service at Dulles and Orlando Int'l. I have a cost-is-not-an-issue client who is results-oriented (e.g., limo ready to go at the FBO, seamless transition to his business meetings, etc.), and I would appreciate any advice you all can give me about specific service providers and FBOs at these airports, and also general tips about how to make these things go well, this being the first trip of this type I've had to coordinate.

Many thanks.

If all you need is ground transportation....www.limolink.com. They are a little pricey but VERY reliable. I always deal with them over the phone. You can get there number off the website.

This is exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I remember getting stranded at the Fulton County airport outside of Atlanta because no cab would come out to get me past some arbitrary point, and that's the kind of thing I'm trying to prevent.

Thank you!

another handy tool would be an ac-u-kwik, think i spelled that correct. its a little book that has every airport and the FBOs that serve that airport. Usually you can call the fbo and they can give you local information if you can't find it elsewhere. It really comes in handy when you wanna do a quick turn/top her off and be on your way. Get the fbo frequency call them up 10 miles out and tell them to roll the fuel truck. Usually the line crew is waiting for you when you arrive.

With this being your first time coordinating a trip like this, encourage him or his secretary to make all the ground transportation reservations, meeting arrangements etc., so that all you have to do is focus on the logistics of the flight. The secretary or professional assistant will be much more familiar with the bosses travel needs and preferences. In addition it takes the monkey off your back if the limo is late or a no-show or any other issues arise you are not gonna be held responsible. I learned this lesson the hard way when I was flying charter. Dont get me wrong, I take pride in my customer service skills by providng the safest possible flight and am wiling to get any items the pax may want on board, special catering, specific magazines, but I guess I'm just once bitten and twice shy when it comes to certain things.....
FWIW, we have found Landmark- IAD (the old Piedmont) to be a little cheaper than Signature but the serrvice is very unreliable. Long waits for fuel even when we call in-range, Poor shuttle van service....etc. So if cost is not factor, got to Signature at IAD and either Signature or Galaxy at MCO.

We have always used Carey Limo. They are a national limo broker who will coordinate you limo's/town cars all over the country. We even used them in Swizterland last year to get our pax to Milian when we had a long ground delay.

http://www.carey.com/carey/

Landmark at IAD is routinely a better FBO than Signature. Both are bad, but its the lesser of two evils

Latest resources

Back