• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I will Never Fly Spirit Airlines....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Setting the veteran incident aside, the reason Spirit is receiving so much blow-back on this ( it was on my local sports talk radio for an hour yesterday) is because Spirit's reputation in the industry precedes it.

It's a dirt-bag airline and everyone knows it. I know it, you know it, and the people that fly for them know it. The pilots make good money, fly for the most part new aircraft, and get 4 days off between trip pairings. Everything else about the airline is a black hole.

There it is in a nut-shell...plain and simple. Now we don't have to read 15 pages of pontification from know-it-all pilots (the part I dis-like most about our biz) who think they are legal analysts...

I would like to ask, If the entire nation is outraged, how come no one has come forward to donate the money to the man?

Or are we just all drawn to the drama of another media frenzy and don't really care about the human.

I would wager that this is one of the smartest business decisions that Spirit ever could have made. A few hundred veterans may not fly on Spirit again, but thousands upon thousands of people who had never even heard of Spirit before this week heard the news reports, and instead of saying "how horrible what they did to that veteran," they said "wait, there's an airline that offers even cheaper tickets to Fort Lauderdale? Sign me up!"

This was stupid. Baldenza could have said "Our company policy does not allow refunds but I feel for you and will personally give you $197". He and Spirit would have then received accolades and their public image would have improved. But greedy bastards like this are the norm in today's corporate world.

VICTORY,

This is a great example of what solidarity can get you...

Best business decision ? What a joke.. Their stock took a huge dive along with the deserved reputation hit. Now they are back peddling... What a bunch of JackA$$es...

I agree that more people know about Spirit now and as strange as this may seem to some, this will lead to more passengers and more profits. This is totally contrary to how Delta and SWA for example may operate, but it seems Spirit is different and their financial performance reflects that.

As an aside, I am disappointed in the so-called 'veterans groups' that because a man did not get $197 in a refund clearly against policy, were calling to boycott a company that employees many dozens of fellow veterans. I guess I expected more from people who supposedly support all veterans.

As an aside, I am disappointed in the so-called 'veterans groups' that because a man did not get $197 in a refund clearly against policy

You must be management or you should be, for you clearly don't see the forest for the trees. it's not the 197 dollars. IT'S THE PRINCIPAL of the action (or lack there of).

This reminds me of the old saying "people that just don't get it don't get that they don't get it"

Way to Doooosh it up Spirit!

Latest resources

Back