I spoke with UPS HR today.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

optimater

I called Sharnika (sp?) about the application fiasco for a recommendation of mine. I asked why it was on upsjobs.com sometimes and off others. She said it posts until it reaches a certain number of applicants and then when it reaches the preset amount, it pulls from the website. Then they re-list it for another set number. So I guess you just have to be lucky to find it and get your app. in before the others.

sidenote*-This is such a goofy system and I'm embarrased and frustrated that so many people are having such a difficult time getting their application in. Not that it matters.

I called Sharnika (sp?) about the application fiasco for a recommendation of mine. I asked why it was on upsjobs.com sometimes and off others. She said it posts until it reaches a certain number of applicants and then when it reaches the preset amount, it pulls from the website. Then they re-list it for another set number. So I guess you just have to be lucky to find it and get your app. in before the others.

sidenote*-This is such a goofy system and I'm embarrased and frustrated that so many people are having such a difficult time getting their application in. Not that it matters.

Embarrassing is the word

Brilliant!! A new way for aviation folks to f**k with job seekers......the hide-and-seek job application!

Just another of the many reasons NOT to want to work for UPS. This place sucks.

Can you please enlighten us on how and why it sucks??? I am serious. I really want to know what your reasons are. Are they valid reasons ??? Are you an easy going person or are you hard to get along with??? Fill me in.

Last edited:
Most other UPS pilots on this forum are relative newhires and they have not been exposed to the reality of how UPS operates or treats employees. They will find out soon enough. Just ask ANY UPS pilot that has been here for more than a year see what answer you get.

Last edited:
80, IF you even work for UPS (and that's a BIG IF), no one's forcing you to stay. If it blows, why don't you just leave?

Guys.......

Take the 80 for 80 (or any number of screen names) fish-hook out of your mouth.

Use the ignore function or whatever you need to do but quit encouraging him.

Is there any way we can all PM the moderators and get 80for80 banned again. At least now he'll have to pay 10 bucks to get a new logon. Anyone?

For the record, I've been at UPS for a few years now and it does is a sweet deal. The older guys have legit complaints, but they'll tell you that they know they are lucky as well. Bottom line is they pay well, the benefits are unmatched, and the job is stable. If you want to feel part of the mgt you'll be disappointed here. It's hard for some mil types to understand that they are basically the enlisted equivalent here. You are not mistreated or disrespected here at all. They just don't value your opinion on how the operation is run. UPS mgt thinks that pilots only have a small picture of all that goes on. They may be right. But if you can be happy flying the plane and enjoying your pay and time off this is the place for you.

Latest resources

Back