I passed my CFI check ride today!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetSpeed219

I took my CFI checkride and passed today. Wow it feels good! It was 9 hours long. It began at 8:00AM and ended at 5:00PM. We took numerous breaks throughout though so it wasn't that bad. The examiner was a very nice guy, did everything he could to make me feel comfortable so that helped a lot. On the ground we went over a lot of FOI stuff. Then we talked about Airworthiness, then he had me teach him a lesson on cross country planning. After we finished there he had me teach lazy eights and turns around a point. We never really got into endorsements or how to stay current as a CFI which really suprised me, I was expecting to get a lot of questions concerning those things. The flight was very basic. We took off, I flew and did slow flight, power off stall, power on stall, lazy eights, he took over there and he did steep turns while I taught him. We then flew to a nearby airport and I did a short field landing, then he did a soft field landing. We came back around and he did a 180 power off. Flew back to the airport and he did a short field, then had me do a normal landing to a full stop. Good lord it was a long day, I'm so thankful it's over!

All Right congrats, mine was 6 hrs and when I taxied in and the Inspector said congrats I wanted to scream... Congratulations now its time for the II which is what I'm on now

blueraider said:
All Right congrats, mine was 6 hrs and when I taxied in and the Inspector said congrats I wanted to scream... Congratulations now its time for the II which is what I'm on now

I'm starting my II on monday, I'm just gonna keep truckin along until I get an interview call....

Congratulations, JetSpeed!
One thing I can offer you is what my CFI examiner offerd me years ago:
"The people who've made it in this (tough) industry are those who get a job and enjoy it, but never stop looking for the next job." You'll love instucting, but remember it's not forever, and you need to climb the aviation ladder.
I'll have a drink on you tonight!
Captain4242

rock on, man!!! i just passed my pvt written today... i'm a bit behind you :)

Congrats man!!! Sounds like one long day. Hopefully I will be there in a couple months. How long did it take you to get your CFI?

LewisU_Pilot said:
Congrats man!!! Sounds like one long day. Hopefully I will be there in a couple months. How long did it take you to get your CFI?

Congrats cforst! I started my training in January of 2003 so about two and a half years. It went by so fast though, it seems like it was just yesterday I was doing my first solo flight. Now I have to prepare for the interview which is going to be worse than the checkride!

Congratulations, man! Typical CFI initial checkride, I must say. Welcome to the (exclusive) club. Always remember, it's the student's job to try and kill you... and it's your job to never let them succeed. Good luck in everything, and your CFII checkride will be the easiest checkride you've ever taken, especially immediately preceeding your initial. Congrats.

Shy

Latest resources

Back