Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gearmunky

Far Beyond Driven
Learjet pilots love their airplane. After getting into the Lear 35, all I can say is that this thing is a blast to fly:D Handles like a sports car;)

I've resigned to the fact I'm gonna be stuck in these godforsaken lawn darts the rest of my life.

I'd sell my wife for the opportunity to have a job flying a Falcon and to never have to squeeze my fat ass in a Learjet again.

CapnVegetto said:
Hell, I've got 500 hours in Lears.....never went downhill for me! Loved 'em.
I've got over 3,000 hours in them. Fun to fly but miserable to ride in. After I quit flying them, it took a couple of years to be able to straighten out my neck. (Depending upon which seat you're in your hear flops to the left or to the right.) I'll never, ever miss having to drag the baggage through the cabin and throw it behind the rear bench seat. We won't even talk about the forward lav (bucket) or the autopilot. And finally, my feet haven't been cold in an airplane once in the 10 years since I last flew that Lear. In it's day it was a great airplane. It had the best technology that money could buy in 1958. But, you're 100% correct - it was a hoot to fly.

'Sled

Last edited:
Brett Hull said:
I'd sell my wife for the opportunity to have a job flying a Falcon and to never have to squeeze my fat ass in a Learjet again.

You could come fly the Falcon 10. Hey, you said you wanted to fly a Falcon! :)

Gearmunky said:
Learjet pilots love their airplane. After getting into the Lear 35, all I can say is that this thing is a blast to fly:D Handles like a sports car;)

Wait till you fly a 24 or 25!

But I hope you dont have to make a career in one.

They sure can be fun though.

LR25 said:
Wait till you fly a 24 or 25!

But I hope you dont have to make a career in one.

They sure can be fun though.

I sure as hell hope I don't either;) , but I just appreciate that this airplane is fun to fly. My first "trip" in it is Sunday so I'm sure I won't like how cramped it is after that. I think it's pretty neat how you "wear" this airplane and it sort of becomes a part of you. The other one handles like a truck, so it took a little getting used to the Lear as to not over control it.

Gets a little touchy when the flaps are full and the spoilers start working, and my fear of not flying with autothrottles have kind of subsided. All in all, I'm looking forward to it, it is fun:) .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back