I need to fly Cargo

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Brazilgun

I am tired of flying passengers. The only time I enjoy my job is when we have to ferry an aircraft. I want to fly cargo, but I also realize that FEDEX, UPS, ATLAS and some of the major cargo companies are way out of my league. Is there any cargo company out there that would hire 1800 hrs pilots with 950 PIC, but no turbine PIC. I probally know the answer, but I have to ask.
Thanks

Also try USA JET (whenever they start to hire) They are by far the best when it comes to "On-demand" Freight outfits.

Company to avoid at all costs, AMERISCARE (Ameristar)
What I have read & heard is they have really bad maintenance, bad pilot morale, dumb flight-followers (pushing you to bust FAR's), bad sked, no life and etc.etc.

Also, On-demand freight sked is very unpredictable. So think seriously before you make the switch.

Good Luck!

Part 135 IFR mins, if you have them, there's a bunch of companies to work for. With 1800TT, you're in a good position to be a turboprop captain, particularly with time in a CRJ.

If your coming from corporate or the airlines I doubt you'll enjoy flying freight. This is mainly because you actually have to "work". I know it's a hard concept for some, but alot of the corporate and airline guys I've met can be a bunch of whiny little bitches.:crying:

Last edited:
I am tired of flying passengers. The only time I enjoy my job is when we have to ferry an aircraft. I want to fly cargo, but I also realize that FEDEX, UPS, ATLAS and some of the major cargo companies are way out of my league. Is there any cargo company out there that would hire 1800 hrs pilots with 950 PIC, but no turbine PIC. I probally know the answer, but I have to ask.
Thanks

Another rocket-scientist Kit Darby subscriber who woke up this morning and decided "cargo was for him"

Had this been 1997, you would be dying to work at UAL, etc and thumbing your nose at those "cargo guys who fly all night"

When you gonna post your "corporate is for me" thread? Tomorrow?

ABX mins are 2500TT (2000TT military). Not hiring now, but could change in the next few months.

Latest resources

Back