• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I need students!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Big city, I placed an ad in the Los Angeles Times classified, for Free Pvt Pilot groundschool.
Ran the class with over a dozen attending, charged retail for the books and got paid using the commission on them.
Only 4 finished, but 2 of the 4 became students and finished their licenses.
Get creative :)

Try for a position with a collegiate flight program, such as those at Southern Illinois University, Western Michigan University, UND, etc.......you are guaranteed students, plus many pay salary with benefits, and quality control is usually pretty good.

flyinghunter said:
I didn't have to find my own students, but the best thing I did was sit on the couch in the FBO where my flight school is. That way if somebody came in to ask about training the front desk people had no choice but to give them to me. I got most of my initial students that way, now it's all word of mouth. Just build a student base and it will take care of itself. Oh, and get your CFII, there's always people wanting IPCs, Instrument tickets, etc.

Yep, if there's a couch in your FBO's lobby, its time you got very familiar with it. You'll get all the walk-ins. If you hang around a lot and have a friendly attitude, you'll do fine. Just be patient.

Latest resources

Back