Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
true, but....

PlaneStupid said:
I agree with G200. Stay put and become mr mom until you find something worthwhile. Most 135 pilot jobs have minimal insurance if any at all. If you are leaving a household income of 40k to work for 35k you might as well subtract another 6k for your own health insurance, so now you are working for 29k, plus you have new expenses with the little one.

I agree with being Mr. Mom, but as many of you guys know....even when we have a supporting wife who is willing to work and believe in her husband and his career. I still feel pretty bad about having to stay at home, you guys know what I am talking about "I'm the man of the house, I'm suppose to be the provider" all that stuff.....My wife loves me very much and she has been soooooooo supportive and has had faith in my career more than I have, so I guess I am greatful for that. I just want to reward my wife for being so awesome....GOD BLESS EVERY WOMAN THAT GOT MARRIED WITH A PILOT AND STUCK MY HIS SIDE! not alot of bi**es can take that much heat.....

Hmmm..

psysicx said:
What about Ameristar?

Well I heard they where hiring, but it was to get based up in YIP....not to crazy about moving all the way up there. Plus their pay and QOL kinda sux, heck for that I might as well move to alabama and fly PIC in a Citation for 24K ya know

I hope so

CUEBOAT said:
Get the sim instructor job and watch you child grow. Meet some good contacts also.

I know!!!! I really want that gig, I think that would be such a blessing.....Bombardier instructors make pretty good money and like you said my friend, I can see my baby grow, get home watch him sleep, make contacts and well if I sleep in a sim I dont have to worry about falling out of the sky right?

PilotChapin said:
sleepy said:
28K per year seems pretty low, even for a Citation captain.
Correction guys!!!! you'll love this, I just spoke with the VP of the company in Mobile AL and he said it was actually 24K a year for captain and 15K for FO's.

Do they include a slot at the local tornado magnet (trailer park) with that salary?

C

Corona said:
PilotChapin said:
Do they include a slot at the local tornado magnet (trailer park) with that salary?

C

LOL!!! probably not......I still dont know much about the job, I actually feel like calling and asking them if that salary is for part time or what. If it's part time I guess it's not tooooooo bad, but still I would have to get another job down there as well, so I would be pretty much in the same situation I am in now. This sux and blows, and swallows

Latest resources

Back