I need help to pass my netjets interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

billboeing

I has taken me 11mo. to get called for this interview. Boy am I stoked about this opportunity. Any advise on what to study, sim. prep, would be appreciated. I frequent aviation interviews, but pardon my edumacation; seems to general for me. I want specifics. Thanks for any consideration. Yes I realized I spelled education wrong.

Best advice ever is to show some personality, don't be a robot. We want pilots that can hold a proffessional yet personable conversation with the richest powerful people in the world. Also remember that when your flying our customers, that for that time that is there airplane and you are there employee. So if they forget their briefcase on the ground and your climbing out of FL250 and your have a tight turn at the other end. You turn around and get his briefcase, it's his airplane. Good luck I'm sure you'll have no problem.

NetJets Interview

It seems they ask questions that are relevant to your flying background. So whatever your background has entailed, that is the direction they will go. Know the memory items on your most recent aircraft, know the regs that you are required to know for your day-to-day operations. I.E., if you are flying regularly at FL410 under Part 91 know your O2 requirements. Things like that! There were 19 people at our interview and I don't think anyone got the same question.
One other important thing is, if you don't understand the question, or if you are having a hard time pulling information from the depths of your tired mind, pursue the question and get as much information as you can. Apparently they want to see how hard you will try, to solve a problem you may not have the immediate answer to.
They plan for the interviews ahead of time and have a profile on each pilot there. If you were weak in an area on you assessment test, they will take you down that road to see if the test was correct.
Relax, be polite and you'll do fine. The interview is very laid back and you will not feel too much pressure. They are just looking to see what kind of person you are.
Good luck

I would agree that personality is a huge plus, as well as any customer service experience you have. They know you have the flying qualifications, that is why they are meeting you in person. How do you interact with people? What experience do you have in problem solving? What would you be like sharing a flightdeck with for a week? How will you interact with the customers we fly?

Stress your desire to learn and be part of the team. The job is essentially yours unless you somehow show otherwise. Attitude can make or break you. Be positive.......be eager! Hope it works out for you!!

The only advice I can give you is when answering questions remember: Customer Service above all else EXCEPT safety!!!

Good Luck!

gump:)

JP11 is correct in saying just admit if you get a question wrong. But I'll add one thing, dig deep for as much information as you possibly can. They do like honesty, but apparently they like to see you try and give an answer to their question. I went with the honesty and just said "I don't know" to one of their questions and it was the wrong thing to do. I found out that they would have liked me to dig a little deeper for information and try to give them an answer. I asked them to repeat the question twice, I could not figure out how to give them the answer from the information they gave me and I thought the best thing to do was to be honest and say "I don't know". Long story short, it was the wrong thing to say. I thought everything else went very well, made some good friends at the interview, had a great sim ride, and was the first one to get the "After further review, we've chosen not to offer you a job" letter.
All this to say, be patient and try to come up with the answer they are looking for if at all possible. I guess this falls into the problem solving category.

Great bunch of guys, great interview experience, but everyone keeps saying if you get the interview you're hired, and I don't think it's true anymore. Study hard, and be prepared for anything. Looks like you have airline experience, and they like that as well. Congrats on the interview,

Good luck

Latest resources

Back