I need a Flight bag...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cj610

Where can I get a cheap flightbag. I don't want to spend much on one now because I want to shop around and get one I like. I need one quick. Thats why I don't want to spend alot of money and end up w. something I don't like. What do you guys carry? What are some of its positive features?

CJ610

Get the $50 Sparco standard catalog case from Office Depot, Staples, etc. Mine has lasted 3 years to date with no sign of letting up. Nice features include inside wall compartments, front and back outside pockets, and the fact that it is such a POS that I can put stickers all over it, and that I don't have to worry about it getting all busted up.

Sparco POS catalog case

flightbag

FL000,

Thanks for suggestion of going to offic max. I got a "Heritage"catalog case for $29.95. Perfect for what I need it for. I know its been a while since I made that post/your reply. I made it the day before I was heading out to the sim in MSP. I havn't had a chace to get back on and tell you about my cheap find. I even had my new case antiqed...I checked it as luggage on my Northwest flight. They beat the crap out of it and gave it a good weathered look.

I'll have to check that one out next time I need one. Don't know when that will be, though. 3.5 years for $39.00 and still going strong.

I use a bookbag (over the shoulder, about the size of a briefcase), like you see all the frat-boys carrying around campus.

Yes I like the look on the captain's face when he ask's me where I got that flight bag and tell him "Office Max 29.95!!":D

I use a sportys dual headset bag for my recreational flying. With only one headset in it, it holds several charts, approach plates, flashlight ,logbook, sunglasses, flight computer, and a few other necessary goodies. I got mine in 1995 for $29.99 i bleieve. I dont think the price changed though. Also good deals on spotless used bags can be found on ebay. Also some close outs and liquidated new flight bags for a steal can be found if you look.

Another vote for the catalog case!!!!!!
The only choice of the Airline Pilot. Unless you are one of those Ray-Ban, Sporty's, AOPA, Flying, license plate AV8OR, I live and breath to fly a cessna, I even use a Pilot pen, guys.
I have had mine 6 yrs with 4 yrs of daily line flying. It is about to blow through the bottom though.

And before your reply to this,

RELAX FRANCIS.

ALOHA

Latest resources

Back