I met Osama's Cousin Today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dhc8fo

So I was leaving the line at Farmingdale in the crew car. I pulled up to the gate and it opened. I pulled forward and waited for it to close behind me. There was a beat up truck waiting to come into the gate. The driver was upset that I didn't just let him in. I didn't even notice that he and his passenger were middle eastern. As I drove by, they were yelling at me that they were Osama's second cousins and were part of Brooklyn's Al Quieda (sp?)....was this funny??? It was apparent to me that they were going in to do some kind of work and I watched them pick up the phone and be let through the gate. I know I wasn't wrong, but why do I feel weird about this whole event??

Last edited:
And if you're serious (I have no reason to believe that you aren't) then I'm sure you reported this to the proper authorities immediately. You don't joke around about that sort of thing...ESPECIALLY if you are of middle eastern decent...the TSA may not be allowed to profile, but we are and we should.

You did the right thing. Middle eastern, black, white, brown, asian or green, block the gate until it's closed. Personally, I would have called the cops when the guy made the cousin comment.

uhm... so whats stopping these dudes from calling some random resident and say "PIZZA!" ?

Thats what i did when my gate opener didn't work at my apt. complex. Worked 4/5 times.

Geronimo4497 said:
You did the right thing. Middle eastern, black, white, brown, asian or green...
Dude, there's only green people in the morgue or on Star Trek.

mattpilot said:
uhm... so whats stopping these dudes from calling some random resident and say "PIZZA!" ?

Thats what i did when my gate opener didn't work at my apt. complex. Worked 4/5 times.

the phone goes only to the ladies behind the desk at the FBO...plus, it is a camera phone so they can see who it is.

dhc8fo said:
...it is a camera phone so they can see who it is.
Digital Facial Recognition Technology? Nice! Our airport is still using the Bertillion method.

Should have reported them. They could have been worse than terrorists, they could have been REPORTERS! "Testing" the airport for lax security for the 6 o'clock news...

What sad is what the reprocussions would've been if YOU had been the one that made those comments to them and not vice-versa. They can say it about themselves... but you on the other hand...

Latest resources

Back